There is no need of spending dollars of money when one best laptop under five hundred dollars can do you a nice job.
The main reason for buying a new laptop is to surf the web and send some emails. The best laptops costing less than $500 mainly consist of low-end window machines and Chromebook.
Most of them are 2-in-1, convertible and offers a mix of display modes with impressive keyboards. In the price range you will get laptops with plenty of performance for daily tasks, vivid displays and long battery life.
They are perfect choice for parents looking for new laptops for their children as they go back to school. They offer a vibrant display, solid performance battery life, for a price cheaper than most smartphones.
You will get a lot for your hard earned money.
The 10 Best 2-In-1 Laptops Under $500 With Stylus for 2020:
1. Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5 13″ Laptop
Here comes an outstanding combination of performance, connectivity, and entertainment laptop enabled by 10th generation Intel Core Intel i3-10110U Processor to make you work from school, home or elsewhere.
It provides intelligent performance features that easily adapt to you for a responsive, intuitive and personalized experience.
The two in one laptop combines a keyboard and touchscreen to make your interaction with everything on your display easy.
The laptop comes with a Lenovo digital pen (sold separately) to enable you write quickly, click or drag files right on the screen.
- The Chromebook flex 5 (13,”5). The 13-inch FHD display in the slim, light 360 degrees convertible Chromebook laptop provides beautiful visuals while the narrow bezels reduces distractions. That means that you will have a humble working platform without getting fatigued.
- Stereo speakers. The device is fitted with two user immersed stereo speakers for great experience.
- Impressive Full HD IPS display. With this, you can use the device to access your Google account, documents, music, files and videos stored on the cloud from anywhere.
- Long lasting battery. It will help you stay productive for long with the ten hour battery life when fully charged.
- Two USB 3.1 Gen Type C port that enables you to connect the device with built-in webcam, and comes with the latest Intel Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0 for a fast reliable connection.
- It has great keyboards that are nicely places.
- Its HD touchscreen is sharp.
- The unit performs very well with a moderate amount of tabs open, like streaming two YouTube videos with no problem.
- Its flip screen is nice to touch.
- The webcam is great for video conferencing.
- Installed apps from google play store are simple enough.
- Strong battery that can last up to ten hours of operation.
- It can easily break when not carefully handled.
- The Lenovo pen is sold separately at a slightly higher price.
- The model did not include a cover for detached keyboard hence it’s purchased separately.
2. TECLAST X4 2 in 1 Laptop
Teclast is not only a tablet but a 2 in 1 laptop with a detachable magnetic keyboard that is sold separately for quick switching.
It has a narrow frame full HD IPS screen that displays colorful pictures.
The delicate 10-point touch screen is fully integrated and the 1024-level pressure –sensitive handwriting is achieved with the active stylus.
The laptop is made of slim lightweight metal body that makes it ultra-light to carry everywhere.
It has a stepless adjustment back stand that makes it easy to meet the needs of various situations. The docking magnetic keyboard makes text input more efficient and convenient.
- High speed interconnection 7000 mAh large battery. The battery can last up to seven hours of integrate internet life. When you sit down working, you dont have to worry of any power problems even when there is electric shortage.
- Wireless connectivity. It features a high-speed wireless transmission functions such as Bluetooth and ac dual-band WiFi.
- Windows 10 operating system. The device comes with a pre-installed genuine Windows 10 operating system that supports all types of office software, including the Adobe productivity software.
- Compatibility. The device is compatible with all types of audio-visual entertainment, mainstream application software and office entertainment.
- It is slim and lightweight.
- It has a detachable magnetic keyboard.
- It is a high performance machine.
- The laptop comes with power lasting 7000mAh large battery.
- There is a pre-installed genuine system software that supports all kinds of office software.
- Some are thicker and heavier than traditional laptops.
- Some have smaller hard drives.
- Some have ergonomics problems making them less comfortable to use than traditional tablets and laptops.
3. Acer Spin 11 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop.
Acer spin 11 2-in-1 convertible laptop is constructed using cineCrystal glossy screen technology that makes it maintain the vivid colors in photos and videos.
It comes fitted with entry-level dual-core processor for general e-mail, internet and productivity functions.
The Intel HD Graphic 500 on its processor graphics with shared video memory offer daily image quality for internet use, casual gamming and basic photo editing.
- 4GB memory. There is also a 4GB system memory for basic multitasking. The high-bandwidth RAM makes the laptop rum multiple application smoothly and browser tabs all at once.
- Ultra-compact memory system. There is an ultra-compact memory system that is ideal for mobile devices and applications. It also offers enhanced storage capabilities, streamlined data management, quick boot-up times as well as supporting high-definition video playbacks.
- Wireless connectivity. It connects to wireless-AC router for nearly 3 times the speed and it’s compatible with all other Wi-Fi hotspots and networks.
- There is a chrome OS that is secure, simple and speedy to power everyday Chromebook. The OS updates automatically every six weeks with virus protection and latest software. You will have your laptop working in the best conditions at all times.
- The build quality of the laptop itself is solid and seemingly durable.
- It is lightweight hence ideal for students.
- It is a convertible laptop.
- It is a great option for all graphic designers.
- It is much affordable than any other option in the market.
- Chromebook can be slow when performing tasks like working on spreadsheets or retrieving and saving files.
- Chromebooks are not perfect for people addicted to Microsoft office products.
- Photoshop elements and various Adobe desktop software are not supported by Chromebook.
It runs on windows 10 operating system that is built with Intel Core i3-8130U processor, and 8GB RAM for snappy and faster performance.
With more than 500MB/S read or write speed of the high capacity 256GB SSD boot-strap takes place in five seconds and loading programs are faster.
It is a portable computer that is perfect for watching videos and surfing the internet.
- The 8GB DDR3 memory. It is available to ensure incredible multitasking efficiency.
- High-density lithium polymer battery that is coupled with ultra-low-power processor for keeping the laptop powered for about eight hours.
- Type-c port. It supports PD charging, hence you can charge the laptop in two ways. Therefore no need to carry the heavier charger when travelling.
- A borderless keyboard engineered for compactness and simplicity making typing more comfortable and enjoyable.
- The windows 10 operating system. It improves your work efficiency and it’s great for productivity and entertainment.
- It features bright display with great color.
- Features excellent build quality.
- Includes USB-C port.
- It has Intel Core m processor for decent performance.
- It comes with a great long life battery.
- It has slow, outdated processor.
- Speakers are poor.
- Keyboard can flex a bit in the middle.
5. Lenovo C340 Laptop
The 2-in-1 design touchscreen laptop is for maximum efficiency.
It is incredibly slim and features ultra-narrow display that enables it to fit into a chassis of an average 13-inch laptop.
It is used as a stylish laptop from the classroom to the living room. The truly immersive technology used in constructing the device takes entertainment to greater heights.
- Intel Core i3-8130U processor. It is powered by Intel Celeron processor for daily performance, entertainment and multitasking.
- Windows 10 operating system. Its windows 10 has a great security and performance by working in the cloud with apps.
- Two inbuilt Speakers. The speakers deliver the most incredible audio that you have ever heard on a laptop.
- The 64GB SSD offers enough storage space for classroom assignment, work files, multimedia libraries and phot albums.
- Full HD display. It ensures that colors and contrast remain bold and vivid even when viewed at sharp angles. It’s appropriate for viewing documents or assignments with friends, colleagues and classmates.
- It is super slim.
- Battery life is perfect because its full charge can serve you for more than eight hours.
- Speakers are loud enough for the size of laptop.
- There is a quick processor for everyday use and multitasking.
- Fingerprint scanner for log-in ensures added security.
- It’s of high quality and more flexible.
- There is no regular USB port and there is only one USB C port.
- Only 64GB of storage and about 32GB usable.
- Full size SD card reader that leaves three quarters of the card sticking out.
Buyer’s Guide for Best 2-In-1 Laptops under $500 with Stylus
It is always trick to weigh up what to expect from a laptop costing less than $550. You must make few comparison on the display, like how well it handles colors and how bright it gets. Below are things to consider when shopping for a laptop under $500.
Screen size, resolution and graphics power.
Screen size is a matter of personal taste while graphics and resolution power are productivity issues. Most 2-in-1 hybrids resides between 10 to 12 inches screen size although very few have ventured beyond.
2-in-1 laptops have the luxury of having a separate keyboards but in real portability people go for the one with a 360-degree hinge. What a customer should look for is of use laptop or a hinge that enables the keyboard fold behind the display with typing keys exposed.
If possible customers should experience hinge material in person. Customers should consider whether the laptop is comfortable to handle, whether they can hold it using one hand as most tablet users do, and whether the exposed keys rattle or feel in danger of coming apart.
Before buying a 2-in-2 device, customers should consider whether they require optional viewing mode like the Lenovo convertible notebook that can be converted to tablet mode while displaying in presentation mode.
Chrome or windows.
Chrome operating system provides a lightweight OS that offers a comprehensive suite abilities and web-based apps to do daily multitasking duties. It also supports Android apps. Windows 10 needs more power to ensure smooth running. It supports wide range of software more than chrome OS. It improves up at regular basis meaning you will get best software that Microsoft can offer years after you have purchased the laptop.
Convertible or clamshell.
Under $500 laptops comes in two types. Traditional clamshell or two-in-one convertible laptops. Clamshell are cheaper and offers a traditional laptop experience with a keyboard and a non-touch screen experience. When considering a touchscreen device that doubles as a tablet and converts back to a laptop, consider 2-in-1 devices.
Do not settle for less than 1080p.
Most of the affordable laptops begin with display resolution of 1080p. So do not settle for various laptops with 1366 by 768 display unless you are truly strapped of cash. 1080 display makes a huge difference when it comes to working on word documents or streaming Netflix shows for hours on end.
This is the biggest consideration and concern of most customers. Buying a 2-in-1 hybrid is cheaper than having separate laptop and a tablet. If this is what your young student in the house needs to get homework done, then by all means look into a value-prices unit like the ones described above.
What does it mean when it says 2 in 1 laptop?
A 2-in-1 PC is a portable computer with features of both tablet and a laptop. It is a broad product category with everything from very laptop-like tablet to tablet-like laptops.
What makes a 2-in-1 laptop different from others?
It is built like a laptop with similar, internal components like storage drive, battery, and CPU as well as external slots like USB ports and DVD drawer. It also features a tablet interface that offers additional inputs and viewing options.
Touchscreen is one of its distinctive feature of 2-in-1 laptops. Some touch screens are housed within a laptop-like lid, with special hinges that flip 180 degrees from the keyboard for tablet-style use.
Others have designs that are more centered around the touch screen itself, with a keyboard that’s hidden under a more flexible cover out from another part of the device. The 2-in-1 does not have a physical keyboard.
Can you load Android apps?
Yes, you can load Android apps from Google play Store. Most people uses Android apps daily and works very great with the above laptops. Sometimes an app from play store may lack a tablet mode but the laptops will do a stretch resize.
Can s stylus be used with these laptops or is it just figures?
Yes. It can be used and works fantastic. You can also use a capacitive stylus like the ones used in low end tablets.
Can the memory (RAM) be upgraded?
No, the RAM in most units cannot be upgraded.
Does these units come with international warranty?
No, you have to send the device back to china at own expense and if the fault is not warranty you pay for the repair and back home shipping fee.
What is the difference between a touch screen laptop and a 2 in 1 laptop?
The keyboard is attached like a regular laptop for the touchscreen laptop but the screen is enabled for touch. Hinged or the detachable keyboard is inactive when it’s in table mode for all a two in one convertible laptop.
What are some of the advantages of 2-in-1s compared to tablets?
2-in-1 computers that run on regular operating systems and software have physical keyboards for easier typing making them superior to a tablet for most daily office duties.
Multiple usage scenarios is another advantage. The tablet in 2-in-1 laptops makes it an important tool for combination of industrial or office settings or whenever a touch screen interface might be efficient.
There is additional creative space as many customers find tablet interface in 2-in-1 to be an ideal enhancement to a regular laptop whether for home entertainment or office work such as brainstorming sessions and flow charts.
Overall, the above mentioned 2-in-1 devices are the preferred choice for both adult and young laptop users. The brands are innovating with every launch of 2-in-2 models and it’s a good opportunity for you to get one of these great products.
Their configurations and designs stand out and are durable when used by customers. They are technologically fit and offer the user room for device updates. Any of the five described products are a nice bet for you.
If you want to achieve multiple productivity on the go while fulfilling leisure time in form of video entertainment go for 2-in-1 laptops below five hundred dollars.
- The Top 10 Best Intel Core i7 Processor Laptops 2020
- Best 4K Gaming Laptops 2020 (4k & 144hz+ Reviews)
- The Best Laptops for Realtors and Real Estate Agents
Last update on 2020-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API