Are you in love with 3D movies and don’t feel like leaving your home or spend money on movie tickets? Then look no further than the best 4K 3D home theater projector.
This is a wonderful alternative to commercial theater projectors that lets you enjoy gaming and movies from the comfort of your couch.
These home theater projectors are designed to offer exceptional, sharper, and brighter images to your screen. If you have been looking for a home theater projector then you know the selection is quite vast. To make it easier for you, we have selected the best 4K 3D home theater projector that you can buy this year.
7 of the Best 4K 3D Home Theater Projectors for 2020 (Reviewed):
Optoma HD39HDR High Brightness HDR Home Theater Projector is ideal for home entertainment, movies, and gaming. It comes with HDR10 compatible technology that can project brighter white and deep black images for improved viewing experience.
Also, it has a throw distance of up to 9.5 feet away and projects a 120’’ image.
With a 6 segment color wheel, Optoma HD39HDR Home Theater Projector produces incredibly colorful images.
Besides, it provides full 3HD in any 3D source and projects high-quality images of 1080p resolution with a contrast ratio of 50,000:1.
The HD39HDR has a long lamp life of 15,000 hours with a mean of 4 hours of viewing time per day. It is suitable for gaming with 120 Hz refresh time and 8.4ms response time.
- Uses auto-switching power supply and supports 110V-240V
- Higher Lumen of up to 4000
- Comes with a 1-year warranty for a new projector and 90 days for a refurbished projector
- 50,000:1 Contrast Ratio
- HDR-10 compatible technology for brighter white images and deep black images
- Lamp life of up to 15,000 hours
- Supports DLP Link glasses
- Has a 2x zoom and high lumen output
- 120 Hz refresh rate
- You can connect to an external speaker
- Long projector capable of 3D image
- The HDR does not make a big difference
- Not ideal for competitive gaming
The Optoma HD39HDR is ideal for gamers thanks to the 120 Hz refresh rate and a low input lag. It is equipped with HDR for sharper and brighter images with limited lag especially when gaming.
Sony VPLVW365ES 3D 4K SXRD 1500 Lumen Projector is one of the most affordable 4K ultra projectors. It features High Dynamic Range which expands the picture contrast range thanks to the deeper blacks as well as brighter highlights.
In addition, it comes with a full 4K (4096 x 2160) white brightness of 1500 Lumens.
This Ultra High Definition home theater projector has a screen size range of 83 to 167 inches from 16 feet, 62 to 126 inches from 12 feet, and 42 to 85 inches from 8 feet.
Also, it has a throw distance of up to 16 feet when projecting in a 120’’ screen.
With a lamp life of 6,000 hours and connectivity of 2 HDMI, Sony VPLVW365ES 3D 4K SXRD 1500 Lumen Projector comes with a 3-year warranty.
- 1 lens cap
- 2.1X powered zoom
- 2 HDMI available
- Motionflow anti-blur technology
- Real color processing color management system
- Lamp life of 6000 hours
- Full 4K resolution capable of projecting sharp and clear images
- Has a lamp life of 6000 hours meaning it can be used for a longer period
- High Dynamic Range that offers high brightness level
- The light output of 1500 ANSI lumens
- It is flexible to adjust the smoothness or sharpness of the image
- No contrast ratio
- Does not have a lens memory
Sony VPLVW365ES 3D 4K SXRD 1500 Lumen Projector lives up to the expectation of home theater homeowners and does not disappoint during the viewing time. You can choose this projector if you are looking for a small projector for home theater. It is affordable and takes your entertainment session to a whole new level.
3. BenQ DLP HD Projector (HT2050) – 3D Home Theater
BenQ is a well-known manufacturer with a reputation for making high-quality products including projectors.
One of their products to feature on this list of best 4k 3D home theater projector is BenQ DLP HD Projector (HT2050) – 3D Home Theater.
This is a 3D 1080p projector with a contrast ratio of 15,000:1 and a premium RGBRGB color wheel. It has a high native ANSI brightness of 2200 Lumen and a throw ratio of 1.15 to 1.5.
What we like about this 3D home theater is that it is a quiet projector thus you will just hear the sound of the movie and not the projector. It has a Rec of 709 and 6 x speeds.
BenQ DLP HD Projector (HT2050) – 3D Home Theater uses SmartEco Technology that conserves energy.
- HDTV compatibility and video compatibility
- Works quietly without making any noise in low lamp mode
- Better sound quality compared to home entertainment projectors
- The projector has a one year warranty
- Life lamp of up to 7000 hours
- Has a SmartEco technology to conserve energy
- Better sound quality compared to home entertainment projectors
- Full 1080p resolution in 2D and 3D
- Vertical lens shift of 1.15-1.5 for proper adjustment
- 1.3x zoom
- Not ideal for a long throw distance
- No 3D glasses included
BenQ DLP HD projector (HT2050) – 3D home theater is a high definition projector with a DR of 1920×1080 and a life lamp of 7000 hours. It performs well with SmartEco technology thus saving on energy. This home theater projector is capable of enhancing sharp and clear images.
4. Optoma HZ39HDR Laser Theater Projector with HDR
Optoma HZ39HDR Laser Theater Projector is a great theater projector that has a laser light source that is designed to offer over 30,000 hours of operation.
It has 4000 lumens of brightness which means you can project in a different room such as game rooms, theatre rooms, or family rooms.
With a Blu-ray 3D support and extensive connectivity, this laser theater projector operates quietly at 32dB and is Creston compatible.
Optoma HZ39HDR Laser Theater Projector allows you to connect a 4K UHD HDMI dongle like the Google Chromecast Ultra, Apple TV 4K that allows you to stream videos and play games.
Besides, it is easy to set up with a 1.3x zoom vertical keystone correction enabled flexible installations.
- Quiet operation
- Uses laser light source
- Built 10-watt speakers
- HDR10 Technology
- Comes with many connectivity features
- Affordable laser projector
- Supports 3D as well as 120Hz refresh rate gaming
- 3 x zoom and high contrast ratio
- HLG color processing and HDR10
- Operates quietly without any loud noise
- It is only full HD and not 4k
- The HDR performance is average
Optoma HZ39HDR Laser Theater Projector with HDR is a DuraCore laser light source that is a low cost and maintenance-free with 4000 lumens of brightness. This home theater projector is ideal for movies and games and operates quietly. This makes it the best 4k 3D home theater projector.
5. BenQ HT3050 1080p Home Theater Projector
BenQ HT3050 1080p Home Theater Projector uses the same color palette that is used by Hollywood studios and features 15,000: 1 contrast and premium RGBRGB color wheel.
This is one of the best 4K 3D home theater projectors which has a high definition picture of 1080p.
It has an RGBRGB color wheel with a throw distance of 8.4 feet capable of projecting 100’’ image.
BenQ HT3050 1080p Home Theater Projector has a CinemaMaster sound capable of using a 20-watt stereo speaker. It is capable of projecting cinematic colors.
- SmartEco of up to 7000 hours
- The brightness of 2000 Lumen
- Big Zoom of 1.3:1
- Up to 100 feet coverage
- It has a 1-year warranty
- Full 1080p resolution in 3D and 2D
- Outstanding picture quality
- It is quiet and easy to setup
- Modest vertical lens shift
- Capable of rear projection
- No built-in tuner
- Shows rainbow artifacts
BenQ HT3050 1080p Home Theater Projector is capable of projecting sharper and high-quality 2D and 3D images.
6. Optoma UHD30 True 4K UHD Gaming Projector
Optoma UHD30 True 4K UHD Gaming projector is a high definition projector with up to 8.3 million distinct on-screen pixels.
It is ideal for gaming with a speed of 240Hz and a response speed of 16ms.
The UHD30 is compatible with HDR10 and HLG technologies for brighter white colors and deep black images.
This gaming projector has a contrast ratio of 500,000:1 and you can enjoy 3,400 lumens of brightness in your family room, theater room, and gaming room.
Optoma UHD30 True 4K UHD Gaming Projector is easy to set and manage with up to 1.1 x zoom.
- Has 3D HDR10 technology
- 23400 lumens brightness
- Short throw distance of 120’’ in 13-14 feet away
- Lag-free gaming, therefore, it is faster
- Ideal for gaming with a high lag speed
- 8 segment color wheel that is compatible with HDR10 and HGL
- Lightweight and portable design
- UltraDetail technology helps enhance image clarity
- Widescreen size options
- It is easy to set up is lightweight therefore portable
- Only comes with HDMI connections
- Longer throw distance
Optoma UHD30 True 4K UHD gaming projector is ideal for gamers and movie enthusiasts due to its ultra-high-definition and smooth-on screen action.
This is a great choice if you are looking for a versatile home theatre projector that is suitable for outdoor movie nights and a media room.
7. ViewSonic X10-4K True 4K UHD Short Throw Smart Home Theater Projector
Finally on this list of best 4k 3D home theater projector is ViewSonic X10-4K True 4K UHD Short Throw Smart Home Theater Projector.
This is a high definition home theater projector with a smart TV enable thus capable of streaming from YouTube and Netflix.
It offers a great cinematic experience with a frame interpolation technology that minimizes blu rays.
It has a Cinema supercolor of 125% Rec 709 thus offering more colors.
In addition, this home theatre projector has mercury-free, lamps, filters, and solid-state LED. ViewSonic X10-4K True 4K UHD Short Throw Smart Home Theater Projector has Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa for voice control.
- LED light source with 30,000-hour lifespan
- Lightweight and easy to move from one room to another
- Compact size making it perfect for small spaces like desk, dorms, or offices
- Has integrated smart Wi-Fi connections
- Frame interpolation technology
- Has Google Assistant and Alexa for voice control
- Integrated smart Wi-Fi connection
- Offers cinematic experience
- Full 3D compatible
- Lightweight thus easy to carry around
- Input lag is very high for serious gamers
- Mediocre HDR performance
ViewSonic X10-4K True 4K UHD Short Throw Smart Home projector is one of the best 4K 3D home theater projectors which offers ultra-high definition images of superior high quality. It has smart connection enable and built-in apps you stream from YouTube or Netflix.
How to Pick the Best 4K 3D Home Theater Projectors in 2020
When are choosing the best 4K 3D home theater projector you should consider the following factors:
Built-in speakers – Choosing a home theater with a built-in speaker is the best option because you will reduce the cost of buying separate speakers and make the best out of the in-built speakers,
Light Source (Hour by Mode) – When picking the best 4K 3D home theater projector you should choose the one that has the highest light source and SmartEcho to conserve energy.
Connectivity – Also choose a home theater projector that has extensive connectivity so that you can connect to multiple sources.
Throw and zoom Ratio – Ensure that you choose a 4k 3D home theater projector that has a higher zoom and throws ratio so that you can project a clear and sharp image.
Native Resolution – Selecting a 4K 3D home theater that has the highest native resolution gives you the highest quality image.
Brightness – Choose a 4K 3D home theater projector with a high level of brightness especially if using in dim places is essential.
4K UHD,Ultra Short throw – When choosing a home theater projector, it is important to consider the one with ultra-high-definition for a clear and sharper image as well as increased image quality.
3D Capacity – A projector with 3D capacity will give you more options for viewing a high-quality image.
Picture Quality – The home projector you are choosing should offer high-quality images thus enhancing your viewing experience and reducing eye strain.
Installation flexibility – Choose a 4K 3D home theater projector that requires less time to install without relying too much on the installation manual.
Throw Distance – Look for a 3D projector with a throw distance which is no less than the double width of the projector and no more than 5 times the width of the image.
Can I play 3D movies on my Projector?
Yes, you can play if you have a 3D projector. Most of the 3D projectors are capable of playing any 3D format, including satellite, cable, Blu- Ray, and online streaming services.
Are 3D projectors any good?
Yes, they are great for the 3D sharp image projection which makes you feel like you are in a theater. It also fills the screen from 92’ diagonal to 130’ diagonal.
Do 3D projectors need a special screen?
No, you don’t need a special screen to view images when you are using a 3D projector. However, if you have a dual 3D projector system, you will need to use a polarized screen.
What 3D glasses do I need for my projector?
You need passive polarized glasses if you are on a budget. They are low tech, affordable, and don’t require a power source and compatible with all power sources.
What is the difference between 3D and a 3D ready projector?
3D ready projector accepts and displays at least on stereoscopic 3D transmission format. However, a 3D projector shows 3D data to a 2D surface, and for you to show images in the 3D projector you need 3D glasses.
Will a 3D DVD play on a normal TV?
Yes, 3D Blu-ray should play like a standard Blu-ray for players and screens that are not 3D capable. You only need a few simple tricks to ensure that you watch modern 3D movies on a normal TV.
How does 3D work on a projector?
It has a bulb, a lens, and an image engine. 3D projectors usually use image engines which can update very quickly to make up a single 3D field. In addition, they add an infrared emitter or a small radiation transmitter which sends a signal to the 3D glasses to keep them in sync with projected images.
How do I watch 3D movies on my Epson Projector?
Connect a 3D compatible device to the projector using compatible HDMI. Turn on the video device then turn on the projector. Begin playback from the video device, press the 3D button on the remote control to activate the 3D model.
How can I make a 3d projector at home?
You can make a 3D projector by sketching out a basic trapezoid shape on graph paper and throw distance. From there select the video that you want to project.
Are there 3D movies on Netflix?
No, there are no 3D movies on Netflix. Examples include Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Chappie, and Avengers: Infinity War.
- Best 4K Projectors Under $ 1500-2000 (2020 Reviews)
- Best Laser Projector for Churches on Budget 2020
- Best Projector for Your Living Room on Budget 2020
Last update on 2020-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API