Are you looking for the best 4k gaming laptops? For many years, the desktop PC was the best option for gamers. The monitor size, CPU, RAM, and graphics card played an important role in making desktop PC superior to the laptop in gaming. However, this has changed with feature-loaded laptops. Powerful gaming notepads have emerged and made laptop gaming a lot easier for gamers across the world. Nowadays, laptop manufacturers produce powerful gaming laptops with cutting-edge 4K monitors and processors.
10 of the Best 4K Gaming Laptops for 2020 Reviews:
1. MSI GS65 Stealth
The MSI GS65 Stealth is designed to deliver premium gaming performance. Its portable design combined with long-lasting battery life makes it a perfect laptop for an avid gamer. With appealing price and no noticeable flaws, it beats most of its pricey competitors. Thus, this is a mid-range 4K gaming laptop.
- 7.1 Enhanced Audio: Be ready to immerse yourself in a gaming immersion as much as you want. Its audio system not only enhances the game with surround sound, but provides you with adequate control over the music, conference calls, and movies.
- Per-Key RGB: This customization option allows you to have granular control over the keyboard illumination. Thus, you can even play in a dark room.
- Performance Cooling: This laptop is designed to crush the heat generated from gaming with its Cooler Boost Trinity. Ideally, it has 4 heat pipes and three fans that ensure adequate performance.
- 6 Core Technology: With this, you can experience amazing power provided by the 8th generation processor that offers up to 20% better performance when you compare it with the previous generations.
- VR Ready Graphics: This laptop allows you to game with a lot of confidence in the ultra-settings that use NVIDIA’s GTX 1070 graphics that enhance your VR and gaming experience.
- Slim design
- Solid port selection
- Long battery life
- Per-key backlighting
- 512 GB storage is mid-range
- Sensitive touchpad
2. Razer Blade Pro
You can think of Razer Blade Pro as a “desktop in a laptop.” This laptop has been designed to deliver incredible gaming experience with its ultra-thin profile and touch display. Its 1920 x 1080 matte panel provides users with a great display that is perfect for providing wide viewing angles.
- GTX 1080 Graphics: This laptop provides desktop-class performance in the mobile form factor. Also, you get to enjoy up to three times faster power efficiency and performance of the previous generation CPUs. In fact, you can play games in 4K resolution and even immerse yourself in VR performance.
- Ultra-low profile: The laptop has a slim design with a mechanical keyboard perfect for gaming.
- Super thin
- Excellent build quality
- Poor quality control
3. MSI GT75VR
As far as the optimal performance of this laptop is concerned, it is much better than lots of gaming laptops on the market. It provides high-end gaming features that you do not come cheap.
- Key features: Build and design – this laptop maintains an aesthetic design that you can expect from a combination of brushed aluminum chassis and LED lights.
- Connectivity – You will not be disappointed with connectivity of this laptop. With has four audio ports and USB 3.0 ports.
- Touchpad – This laptop has a keyboard that is outfitted with the RGB backlighting giving it a customized keyboard appearance.
- Great build quality
- Excellent connectivity
- Nice mechanical keyboard
- A bit bulky
4. ASUS ROG STRIX SCAR III
The ASUS ROG STRIX SCAR III is designed for esports. It gets you an edge in FPS professional play thanks with blisteringly fast 4K display. Also, you can enjoy playing at 240Hz/3ms display. This unit meets the professional standards of enhanced gameplay with ultra-responsive input.
- GeForce graphics – this laptop features the GeForce graphics that are overclocked with the ROG boost to offer optimal performance.
- ROG Keystone – with this feature, you can quickly load your gaming preferences and even unlock access to an encrypted drive.
- Effortless Connectivity – this laptop has the connectivity you need for working and gaming while on the move.
- Crisp gameplay
- Lots of connectivity ports
- Adequate storage
- Fast start-up
- Quite expensive
5. Alienware Area 51m
This is a new upgraded new laptop that measures 1.7 inches thick. It has a slimmer design that provides a performance-focused beast. When you compare it with other gaming laptops, it is a performance at the top. In fact, it can handle whatever you throw at it.
- Aesthetic design – you will find this gaming laptop to be freaking gorgeous. In fact, it has a clean, beautiful design and although it is huge, it looks great.
- Connectivity – You can connect the external displays, hard drives, and mice. This laptop is designed to handle all peripherals plus USB 3.1 ports. You can even connect a graphic amplifier.
- Display – The 1920 x 1080 panel offers crisp detail and big color. Some of its amazing colors include gold, magenta, emerald, and electric blue.
- Lighting fast SSD
- Excellent graphics
- Extremely powerful
- Perfect keyboard
- Quite heavy
- Gets hot
6. ASUS ROG Zephyrus S
The ASUS ROG Zephyrus S is an ultra-slim, powerfully versatile laptop that is designed to slice through serious work and gaming. Its brushed metal gives it a professional polish plus the 4K display makes it a powerhouse that is redefining gaming laptops.
- TrueColor Technology – With the sRGB color space and the 240Hz display, you can enjoy an exceptional showcase of media, games, and projects in stunningly crisp, smooth graphic quality.
- Excellent Build Quality – The clean lines and brushed metal define the slick and subtle aesthetic. The honeycomb reinforcements add strength, magnesium alloy frame, and resilience. Thus, this laptop can survive daily use. Also, its keyboards, ports, and hinges are tested against common wear.
- Slim profile
- Nice gaming experience
- Extremely durable
- No webcam
- Cooling fans a bit louder
7. Acer Predator Helios 300
The Acer Predator Helios 300 is designed to provide blistering performance, and you do not have to spend a lot of money to experience gaming performance from this powerhouse. This new version comes with the Intel Core i7 processor and 5.00GHz.
- Powerful Graphics Card – The laptop is equipped with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 that has GB VRAM. Thus, you can enjoy seamless gaming and working.
- SSD Storage – This laptop provides you with 512 GB of SSD storage. Thus, you can enjoy high processing speeds when using VR apps or gaming.
- Cheaper gaming laptop
- Lightweight design
- Efficient cooling system
- Matte screen
- Only one USB 3.0 port
8. HP OMEN X 2S
This is a powerful, sleek laptop with two displays. Its dual-screen design allows you to game while keeping tabs on different applications. It does not matter the game you want to play; this machine is designed to help you achieve your potential.
- Ultra-thin Design – You can experience an ultra-thin design that is engineered with customization and performance at the forefront. Other things you will like about this gaming laptop include RGB lighting, thermal cooling, and single-panel access.
- Excellent Graphics Performance – This is made possible with the GDDR6 technology that allows you to game and stream
- Great Processor Performance – the 9th generation processor provides amazing in-game experience and enables crisp and simultaneous live-streaming.
- Powerful Display – with the 4K quality display, you can minimize image ghosting and lag with 1080p resolution or crisp gameplay.
- Dual screen for multitasking
- Refined design
- Powerful hardware
- The second screen is smaller.
9. Dell Alienware Area 51M
This 17.3-inch laptop has features and hardware you are not likely to find in gaming laptops. There are many things that make this laptop special. It is rare to find laptops that have integrated Tobii eye-tracking. Also, it utilizes standard 95+ core i9 CPU and DGFF graphics card. When you combine this with the new chassis designed to optimize airflow, you have a perfect gaming laptop.
- Connectivity – The Alienware has USB ports, audio ports, and display ports. However, it does not have an SD card reader. You will like the fact that it has removable RTF graphics.
- Communication – This laptop is configured with Bluetooth 5 and Killer 1550WLAN to provide the customization options needed.
- Touchpad – although the trackpad is smaller, it comes with dedicated mouse keys for accurate and easier clicks. Gliding on the surface is responsive and smooth at high speeds.
- Excellent graphics
- Comfortable keyboard
- 144HZ display
- A bit heavy
10. Razer Blade 15
The Razer Blade 15 is ultra-small but very powerful. Ideally, it is one of the smallest gaming laptops you will come across. It perfects the balance of portability and power. Also, it is designed to offer a lot of powerful features. For instance, it can deliver amazing frame rates and performance.
- Full HD Display – the display is calibrated for accuracy. For instance, it is flanked by 4.9 mm thin bezels that push the visual experience to the edge.
- Built for Performance – this laptop is powered by a core i7 processor. This makes it perfect for the power demanding tasks such as streaming, recording gameplay, and playing.
- Advanced Control System – with this feature, you can take full control from improving performance to customizing lighting.
How to Choose the Best 4K Gaming Laptops in 2020
When purchasing a 4K gaming laptop, you ought to consider different factors to ensure you choose one that can meet your gaming needs. Although specifications of the laptop are quite important, a good touchscreen or keyboard can take your gaming experience to another level. These are things to guide you to choose the best 4k gaming laptop.
Consider Hard Drive
When choosing a hard drive, you have to first understand the basics. HHD refers to hard-drive, SSHD is a solid-state hybrid drive, an SSD is a solid-state drive. Well, the jargon may be confusing and mind-numbing, but if you remember acronyms, you are good to go.
Every acronym corresponds to hard-drive type. This is where your data is stored. Ideally, HDD is the standard hard-drive and has a higher capacity. On the other hand, solid-state drive loads faster but compromises on capacity. With the SSHD, you combine both capacity and speed into one.
As you may have heard, SSD is better than SSHD, which is better than HDD. Although it is quite complex, for purposes of simplicity, you can stick to that.
If you are interested in taking your gaming experience to another level, then you ought to consider RAM. Remember that gaming is quite intensive. In this case, you should get 16GB RAM or higher. You can also upgrade RAM easily if you are good at repairing laptops.
Since RAM determines how fast and well your laptop processes load, it plays a critical role in gaming. Your RAM is dependent on the types of games you play.
This is another critical component you ought to consider when choosing a laptop that carries out various tasks, including gaming. That is because the processor makes it possible to carry out different tasks at the same time. You should note that gaming requires high performance and speed processor.
It is advisable to go with a 4core i5 processor that can support GTX 1060 and GTX 1050/Ti. At a minimum, go for a quad-core processor that performs at its best. You should consider going with the i7 quad-core processor if you want to have the best gaming experience.
Ideally, the CPU is an important component to consider. This is not an area where you want to cut costs. Therefore, be ready to spend money to get a high-speed processor.
An important parameter when choosing a laptop keyboard is the key travel. This is the distance that a key travels before it makes an impact. The optimal choice is 1.5 mm, but you can even go for key travel of 2 mm.
Also, you should consider actuation, which is the pressure you need to put on a key for it to be detected by the gaming laptop. Usually, a pressure of 70 grams is recommended. It is advisable to choose keys that come with n-key rollover and anti-ghosting. In this case, anti-ghosting refers to the ability of keys to be registered when performing multiple actions at the same time. On the other hand, n-key rollover refers to no key depending on others. Therefore, there s no issue when you press multiple keys at the same time.
Another aspect to consider is backlighting that ensures users have a convenient experience. The top keyboards are those with RGB.
The chances of getting a laptop that can support long-lasting experience are rare. That is because there are many things that drain the battery. These include high power, high-end graphics, and high-speed performance. If you keep trying, you can get excellent battery life.
Finding the best 4K gaming laptop can be challenging. That is because there are many exciting models available. You cannot get it wrong with the above gaming laptops. No matter your needs or budget, there is always a perfect gaming laptop for you.
- Best Touch Screen Laptops Under $500 (2020 Reviews)
- 10 Best Laptops for Hacking [Pentesting] 2020
- 9 Best Laptop For Cybersecurity Students 2020
- Best Laptops for Writers on a Budget Under $1000 2020
Last update on %last_update% / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API