The Best Budget Laptops for Family Use in 2020 with Awesome Features as the pricier ones – here are the TOP 5 perfect laptops that you’ll highly appreciate.
Enjoy and thank for me later….
Shopping for the best family laptop in our technically infused world can be daunting and hard to figure out which one is overkill, and which is not.
What is common about most buyers in the market is that they want laptops with the fastest processors and more CPU cores, however, a fast processor with multiple cores does not always guarantee a smooth experience for everyone every time.
A high price tag does not necessarily mean that the laptop is high-end, in fact, with the advancement of technology you are set to find a family laptop with very impressive features at a very low price tag.
This post is a combination of all your concerns taken into consideration and crafted to raise your confidence. It is my priority to inform you of what you need to consider and point out important aspects that are not that obvious.
Whether you are looking for the best budget or the best that money can buy, this article will help you end up with the best laptop for family use.
Here is a quick recommendation of things to consider.
- Privacy and Security: The laptops that made it to the recommendation list of this post have been scrutinized to ensure they meet the requirements of keeping the media consumption of every member of your family as safe as possible. We also selected the laptops with the most secured inbuilt features and operating system which is an important feature to keep everyone’s documents and the whole system secure if the laptop is going to have multiple users.
- Aesthetics and design: When choosing the best laptop for family use, you should resist the temptation of choosing the ones with too much decoration. You want to go for the laptops with simple low-key designs that everyone would be comfortable with. Most laptops featured on this list have a sleek and modern design to fill up the desire for sophistication.
- Durability: We looked at laptops that can be durable enough even in the hands of multiple users. This means the laptops had to sturdy to withstand multiple drops to end up on our recommendation list. A family laptop means it is going to be in use most of the time and may wear out faster than personal ones; we made sure that we recommend those that will maintain the built quality for years.
- Media consumption and Gaming: At the end of the day, the laptop should be able to perform when it comes to everyday computing tasks. You want a laptop with decent computing power, graphics, and screen size. We also want your family to enjoy most computer games, fast browsing and video streaming so have featured laptops with decent processing power, graphics, and screen resolutions to handle high refresh rates.
- Cost: Expensive does not always mean the best, so we made sure we recommend the best laptops at every price point that excel in performance. You want the best bang for the buck and the most for your loved ones, we get it.
The TOP 5 Best Budget Laptops for Family Use 2020 [AWESOME Features]:
1. Lenovo IdeaPad 3
Hands-on, the Lenovo IdeaPad 3 feels very premium and looks much more expensive than its actual price. Compared to other laptops in its price range the Lenovo IdeaPad 3 feels very durable a perfect family companion that will retain quality for years.
The narrow bezel makes its 14-inch screen with a resolution of 920 x 1080 FHD, pop out and appear bigger than its actual size. This is a medium-sized laptop but keep in mind that its agronomic design gives off the illusion of having extra screen real estate.
Battery life is a critical feature to satisfy the demands of everyone in the family. You do not want a family laptop that dies down when your loved ones need it.
This laptop stays in action up to 11 hours of continuous use on a single charge although it might drop by 2 hours especially when playing demanding games, which is still impressive considering its price. It also features battery-saving features such as Q-control for switching between battery saving mode and max modes.
It comes with very impressive security features including a physical shutter for its inbuilt HD webcam to protect the privacy of your beloved while online. It also comes with two speakers with Dolbsy Audio™ which makes it a handy laptop for steaming music, videos, and movies.
- Processor: Intel Core i3-1005G1 2 x 1.2 – 3.4 GHz
- Storage: WDC PC SN520 SDAPMUW-256G, 256 GB
- Graphics Card: Intel UHD Graphics G1 (Ice Lake 32 EU), Core: 300-900 MHz, Dual Channel
- RAM: 8GB DDR4 RAM
- Display Size: 14 inch 16:9, 1920 x 1080 pixel 157 PPI, LG Philips LP140WFA-SPD1, IPS, glossy: no, 60 Hz
- Operating System: Windows 10
Lenovo IdeaPad3 is a great value for money with excellent battery life and sleek modern design that is very attractive. Although the screen resolution is not the best in the market, for regular family use, this laptop is more than they could want for a couple of years.
2.Acer Chromebook 314
If you are on a tight budget and really want more for less, then you should consider the Acer Chromebook 314. It comes in a compact and lightweight design with a solid built quality worthy of its productivity rock star title.
Although any adult can use it for regular computing tasks such as editing documents, browsing, streaming movies, and videos, it has extra features that make it a good recommendation for a household with kids.
It is very easy to set up all you will need to do is log in to your Google account and all your Google Drive files will be automatically updated on the Acer Chromebook 314. You can take the advantage of this feature to monitor the media consumption of your most vulnerable family members restrain them from suspicious sites.
Keep in mind it comes with multiple layers of security and frequent automatic updates that keep it safe from malware.
The 14-inch display with a Full HD resolution is perfect for outdoor use thanks to its anti-glare coating. The remarkable display quality coupled with the onboard Intel graphics card delivers a decent gaming experience.
Although it is not marketed as a gaming laptop, its hardware is capable of decent gaming for family entertainment. Its ultra-thin design weight just 3lbs combined with a battery life of up to 13 hours on a signal charge make it one of the most portable laptops you can find at its price range.
- Processor: Intel Celeron N4000 Dual-Core Processor (Up to 2.6GHz)
- Storage: 32GB eMMC
- Graphics Card: Intel UHD Graphics 600
- RAM: 4GB of Onboard LPDDR4
- Display Size: 14″ Full HD (1920x 1080)
- Operating System: Chrome OS
The Acer Chromebook 314 is a budget-friendly laptop that guarantees on battery life, durability, and excellent performance. It has a unique design that does not feature the bells and whistles of quad-core processors or touchscreens but packs a punch in its performance.
Everyone at home will be able to do their school or office work, edit documents, stream movies and videos and play most games at a decent quality.
3.Apple MacBook Air 2020
The new Apple MacBook Air is one of the highly priced laptops in the market but a great value for the money. With the high price tag comes outstanding quality and lots of educational and gaming features to keep your loved ones engaged.
Although I would not place it on the featherweight category, the Apple MacBook Air is very portable and weight about 3 pounds charger included. It has a slim honeycomb design which means it will not occupy a lot of backpack space; coupled with its lightweight finish it is easy to move around the house.
The 13.3-inch display size is a simple and impressive experience, branded as a high- resolution retina display with up to four million pixels makes it a total immersion. Razor-sharp text with crisp clarity qualifies it as a great companion for gaming, schoolwork, and document editing.
A quality display is a win every time the laptop in use. For gaming, movies, browsing, and video streaming the Apple MacBook Air 2020 delivers exceptional graphics.
The sound quality is commendable. The new Apple MacBook Air has 2 times baser and 25% more volume. This makes it great for streaming movies and music; you can take advantage of these resources during family movie nights.
It comes with a three-microphone array for precise voice recording, no need for extra microphones.
- Processor: Intel Core i7 with up to 4-cores
- Storage: 256GB SSD
- Graphics Card: Intel UHD Graphics 617
- RAM: 8GB
- Display Size: 13.3-inch screen
- Operating System: macOS
The MacBook is a great purchase for a family laptop. It has a compact design that is sturdy and a variety of parental control features that you can take advantage of to control the media consumption of your kids. However, if you are looking for something to handle multiple drops and hard knocks, I would not recommend it, although it might handle a few drops, its cost makes it hard to replace should it break.
4.Acer Swift 3
What makes the Acer Swift 3 the perfect laptop for family use is its weight, marketed as a featherweight laptop weighing 2.6lbs with a total thickness of 0.63 inches. This is one of the most portable laptops in the market anyone can carry without occupying too much backpack space.
The built quality is sturdy enough to handle multiple drops. The frame is made of aluminum and magnesium-aluminum that feels durable and with a modern look. If your family is mostly on the go, this is the best laptop to carry around.
It has an impressive battery life of up to 11 hours on a single charge. This is very beneficial especially if you regularly sit far from the power outlet. Such amazing battery life means that there is no need of carrying the charger around which reduces the overall weight even further.
Your family does not have to memorize unlocking passwords, the Acer Swift 3 features a fingerprint reader that is easy, quick, and more secure. Onboard features such as the Alexa app makes this laptop very interactive and instrumental for hands-off operation.
It comes with a 14-inch full HD screen resolution in 1920 by 1080. The 0.21-inch bezel around the display ends up in an impressive screen-to-body ratio that makes the screen appear bigger than its actual size.
- Processor: 3.6GHz Intel Core i5-1035G1 (quad-core
- Storage: 512 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
- Graphics Card: Intel UHD Graphics
- RAM: 8GB DDR4
- Display Size: 14″ FHD 1080p IPS
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
There is nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to ports and connectivity features but it is worth mentioning that it features a USB-C Thunderbolt 3 port along with a HDMI that is hard to find on laptops on the same price category.
5.Acer Predator Helios 300
The new 2020 Acer Predator Helios 300 is a best seller laptop in the all-purpose laptops’ category despite its high upfront cost. The high price tag is for a good reason; compared to its predecessors it offers a bump in hardware and packs a punch under the hood although they seem very similar in terms of looks.
This is obviously optimized for gaming although it has excellent performance when it comes to the usual use like editing documents, streaming movies and videos, schoolwork, or browsing. It features an overclockable GPU that your kid will appreciate when it comes to playing games at high refresh rates. This is not a feature that you would find on laptops at its price range.
The resolution of the display screen is something to brag about. It has a 15.6-inch screen and a resolution of 1929 by 1080 pixels. It comes in either 144Hz or 240Hz refresh rate with FHD resolution, great for immersive gaming experience and crisp texts.
If you are worried that gaming on this laptop might cause it to heat up, worry no more. It has a beefy dual-fan cooling system that provides sufficient cooling even on the most intense gaming sessions. Unlike most laptops that get hot and noisy fans while gaming, this laptop stays cool without the annoying fans that usually sound like a jet engine.
- Processor: Intel Comet Lake Core i7-10750H, six-core
- Storage: 1x 1 TB SSD (WDC PC SN730), 2x M.2 slots + 2.5″ bay
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
- RAM: 16 GB DDR4 RAM
- Display Size: 15.6-inch, 1920 x 1080 px resolution, IPS, 240 Hz, matte, AU Optronics AUO82ED panel
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
The Acer Predator Helios 300 comes with an onboard 58Wh battery which will last at least 3 hours on heavy usage with maximum screen brightness. It is very solid in terms of performance and has a beautiful design that your family will appreciate having around the house.
- Best Laptop for Video Conferencing and Multitasking
- The Top 5 Best Laptops for 10-Year-Old Daughter in 2020
- Best Laptop for Elementary Students Children in 2020
- Best Laptops For 10-Year-Old Boy on a Budget in 2020
Last update on 2020-10-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API