Architecture course is different from any other course in which you can study in college, which means that you need a powerful laptop that is designed for special software such as ArchiCAD, AutoCAD, Artlantis, Sketchup, 3D Max, Revit, and Rhino.
In other words, you need a powerful laptop that takes seconds to complete all your work. It should have a RAM of 8GB, GPU memory of 4GB, large SSD or HDD, decent screen size, and a powerful CPU.
The Central Processing Unit should be powerful and fast combined with the latest Graphics Processing Unit which renders your work smoothly when you are undertaking intensive 3D drawing.
An architecture student should use a laptop with a large RAM if they want to multitask on programs efficiently and save on long waiting time.
In addition, the images will be smooth, focused, and more detailed. The best laptop for architecture students should be large enough such that you can store all your files and documents. It will also ensure that you complete your task faster as you have enough storage capacity.
With a larger screen size and higher resolution, you will be able to view more detailed images as you use the 3D Max for your architecture classes. Here is the best laptop for architecture students that you can buy this year.
The 6 Best Laptops for Architecture Students in 2021 (Review)
1. Microsoft Surface Book 3
- NVIDIA GeForce graphics of 1GB GDDR5 Graphics
- 12 hours long battery life
- Powered by dual-core 8th Gen Intel Core i7
- 256GB storage capacity and 16GB RAM
- 15 Inches screen size
- 3.0 USB connectivity
This is the best 2-in-1 laptop for architecture students which can be used as a laptop or tablet by pressing the push button.
With the touch screen mode and stylus pen included, you will be able to render unmatched high-quality time within minutes which makes it is the best laptop for architecture students.
With a battery life of up to 12 hours long you will be able to accomplish all your computational work and undertake all your long classes in college comfortably without the need to charge this battery.
When you use it as a tablet it will take up to 3 hours long browsing and downloading more features.
The Microsoft Surface Book 3 has a screen size of 15 inches with a resolution of 3000 x 2000 which makes it sufficient to view detailed images, and it is capable of 4K resolution and thus high-quality images as you undertake all your architecture courses. It is a powerful and faster laptop as it is powered by dual-core 6th Gen Core i7 and NVIDIA graphics of 1GB GDDR5 thus rendering smooth and powerful videos.
2. HP ZBook 17 G6 Mobile Business Workstation
- Processor Manufacturer: Intel
- Processor Type: Core i7
- Processor generation: 8th Gen
- Processor model: i7-8565u
- Processor speed: 1.80 GHz
- It is powered by Intel Core i7
- 15.6 inches backlit keyboard
- 512 SSD storage capacity
- 2GB GDDR5 AMD graphics
- VGA slots
- 8-hour battery long
- 1920 x 1080 inches maximum resolution
As an architecture student, you should not miss this laptop as it is best for your architecture classes. It will ensure that you render powerful images and draw a high-quality sketch for your work.
The HP ZBook 17 G6 Mobile Business Workstation is ideal for computational software including ArchiCAD and AutoCAD. The large screen size of 15.6 inches allows you to view more detailed images as you offer videos or any 3D drawing you are undertaking.
It has a large RAM and storage capacity and therefore you undertake all multitasking work efficiently. The high resolution will enhance the quality of the images further.
Besides, the battery life is best as it can run up to 8 hours of continuous use. With the backlit keyboard, you will complete your work in low light areas or when the lights are switched off in your class.
3. MSI GE75 Raider-287 17.3″ Gaming Laptop
- Display: 17.3" Thin Bezel FHD, IPS-Level...
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 6G...
- Processor: Intel Core i7-9750h 2.6 -...
- Memory: 16GB (16G*1) DDR4 2666MHz 2...
- Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD
- 16GB RAM for multitasking
- 512GB NVMe SSD for storing architectural files and data
- Powered by Intel Core i7
- NVIDIA GeForce 3GB GDDR3 graphics
- 17.3 inches IPS display
- 1920 x 1080 maximum resolution
- Built-in speaker and subwoofers
MSI GE72 is the best laptop in the market so far for any architecture students who understand the meaning of the best of the best.
With this laptop, you can achieve anything, and it is only you to take your architecture course to another level.
It comes with the latest processor which makes it super-fast and powerful and accomplishes anything within seconds. MSI GE72 APACHE PRO-242 Laptop is enhanced with the latest and powerful graphics which ensure you achieve smooth and high-quality work including all videos and sketches.
It can load up all architecture software within seconds which allows you to accomplish the best 3D drawing with smooth and clear videos.
The screen size is on point and therefore you will view high-end images, which is unmatched. It has many connectivity points including an SD card reader, HDMI, USB, Bluetooth, and DVD drive.
The built-in speakers are on another level and you will listen to soft and clear music to relax your mind after intensive completion of your computational software.
4. Lenovo ThinkPad W541
- 4th Generation Intel Quad-Core i7-4710MQ...
- 15.6" Full HD (1920x1080) Anti-Glare...
- Built in HD 720p Webcam with Dual...
- Connectivity: Integrated 4-in-1 SD card...
- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - ThinkPad...
- Quad-Core Intel Core i7 processor
- 2.5 GHz processing speed
- 256GB SSD storage capacity with a speed of 7200-RPM
- 16GB DDR3 RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce 2GB GDDR5 graphics card
Lenovo is a popular brand that makes the best laptops that are faster and powerful. Lenovo ThinkPad W541 is powered by the latest Quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with a processing speed of 2.5GHz – 3.5GHz which is very fast thus making it the best laptop for architecture students.
It has enough storage capacity of 500GB that you can use to store all your architectural files and data, and you will be able to multitask with this laptop as it has 8GB DDR3 memory which is sufficient and convenient.
5. Acer Nitro 7 15.6 Inch FHD 1080P Gaming Laptop
- 512GB SSD storage capacity
- 15.6 inches screen size
- Powered by Intel Core i7
- 16GB DDR4 RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
The Acer Nitro 7 15.6 Inch FHD 1080P Gaming Laptop is a powerful laptop that is capable of handling large and complex architectural software faster and efficiently, including drawings and designs and therefore making it the best laptop for architecture students.
It is powered by the latest Intel Core i7 processor which makes it operate faster and more powerful for all your architectural work.
You will be able to complete all your task on time and the result of your sketches will be smooth, clear, and of high quality. The screen size is 15.6 inches and the storage capacity and memory are sufficient for all your architectural work.
6. Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK 1.8-Inch Full-HD Gaming Laptop
- Prostar Gaming Laptop: 17.3 Inches Full...
- High Performance Processor: Intel Core...
- Powerful Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce...
- Memory and Storage: 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz,...
- Additional Features: 16GB USB Recovery...
- 10 hours of battery life
- It weighs 5.65 pounds
- 15.6’’ IPS display
- Many connectivity features including Bluetooth, USB, and Ethernet
- Intel i7-10875H,
- RTX 2060,
- 32GB 3200Mhz,
- 1TB NVMe SSD,
- Windows 10 Home,
- Slim Bezel Gaming Laptop
Enjoy Dell Inspiron i7559 laptop which is capable of handling heavy software with the latest graphics and processor. Therefore, it can run any architectural software including complex and powerful ones.
It comes with many features including a fan that prevents this laptop from overheating. The memory is sufficient for multitasking and the storage capacity is enough for all architectural files and data.
The 15.6-inch IPS display enables you to view clear and more detailed images during 3D max drawing.
How to Choose the Best Laptop for Architecture Students in 2021
- Operating system – If you are doing more computational software you should consider choosing a Windows operating system as it will be compatible with wide varieties of software while MacOS is the best operating system for all-powerful graphics. Windows has a limitation in that it is more susceptible to virus attack while MacOS, on the other hand, is overpriced.
- Storage capacity – This is another important feature to consider when choosing a laptop for your architecture course. You should consider one that has SSD storage capacity as it is faster. Alternatively, you can choose a laptop that has an SSD hybrid drive as it is super-fast and will ensure that you complete high-quality work on time. You should therefore choose one that has 26GB SSD as it will take your architecture learning to another level.
- RAM size – As a dedicated and well-focused architecture student, you should choose the best laptop with a higher RAM to enable you to accomplish all multitasking work on time. A larger RAM will make your laptop function faster as it has good and sufficient memory. Choosing one with 8GB memory or more is ideal for you as an architecture student.
- Processor – This is the main feature to consider and therefore you should consider choosing one that has a higher number of cores and the latest processor such as Intel Core i5 or more, AMD Rhyzen so that you can undertake all your architecture work faster and achieve high-quality work.
- Battery life – As an architecture student you will spend most of your time in class. Therefore, you should choose the best laptop that has the best battery life of more than 8 hours.
- Graphics Processing Unit – This will help render smooth, clear, and more focused images and therefore you should consider choosing the best laptop with more than 2GB of graphic processing card and NVIDIA type as this will ensure you accomplish high-quality computational work on time.
- Screen Size and Resolution – You should consider choosing the best laptop with more than 15-inch screen size and a resolution of 4K or more and therefore you will view higher detailed and clear images and videos of higher quality.
The above laptops have been well designed and precisely constructed to accomplish all architecture software, tools, drawings, and designs and therefore you can find the best laptop for architecture students. They are affordable and do not have any limit on any architecture work unless you limit yourself. Buy one of these laptops and you will take your architecture course to another level.
- Best laptops for Blogging, Video Editing, & Podcasting 2021
- The Best Laptop for Artists and Photographers in 2021
- Best Laptops for Electrical Engineering Students in 2021
Last update on 2021-04-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API