When you look in the market, you will find that there are many modern laptops that can function with Cricut Explore Air 2 without a lot of problems.
Whether you are an expert or a beginner at precision crafting, you need to choose a laptop that is a high performance, powerful, rich in built-in features, latest processor, generous RAM, and large storage capacity.
A good alternative to just compatible, a slow laptop is the modern laptop for Cricut Explore Air 2. If you are doing arts and crafts then you need a laptop with more features for you to accomplish great quality work such as cutting papers on a special adhesive format.
Your laptop may not work well with Explore Air 2 which is why you need to look for a new laptop. The laptop should be super powerful and faster with a high definition screen size of 15’’ or more for more detailed, smooth, and clear images, including large RAM for smooth operations and large storage capacity with SSD.
In this article, we are going to look at the 10 best laptops for Cricut Explore Air 2 for 2020, Reviews, and compared.
The 10 Best Laptops for Cricut Explore Air 2 for 2020 Reviews and Compared:
1. Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 2 Laptop
Topping this list of best laptops for Cricut explore air 2 is Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 2 Laptop. This is a powerful laptop for any extremes including craft cutting and gaming that is accomplished on time.
It cuts on all types of fabrics for art and craft and supports modern games with high refresh rates with Core i9 9980h 4.8GHz 8 cores processor which is very fast and super powerful to undertake any craftsmanship or gaming.
The good thing about this laptop is that it is ultra-lightweight meaning that you can take it with you anywhere.
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 2 Laptop is therefore ideal for any craft cutting as it cuts paper on a special adhesive mat and therefore it is the best laptop for Cricut and Explores Air 2.
It has a fully functional Windows 10 Pro 64 operating system that supports any craftsmanship or complex games.
- 15.6’’ screen display with a full high definition 1920 x 1080 pixel, IPS, anti-glare, Dolby Vision HDR 400, 500 nits fingerprint reader.
- Intel WIFI and Bluetooth connectivity
- Core i9 2.3 GHz up to 4.8 GHz with a Turbo boost processor makes it faster and more powerful in undertaking any printing design and all sizes of craft cutting on any kind of fabric.
- 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD storage capacity is powerful for all craft cutting and high refresh rate for gaming.
- RAM is 32GB DDR4 2666MHz which makes it suitable for running all kinds of craft cutting smoothly and perfectly including multitasking.
2. Acer Predator Helios 300 Laptop
The Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop is the best laptop you can have for Cricut Explore Air 2 and therefore takes the gaming experience to another level.
It has unique features while its operating speed is unmatched with a standard laptop.
It comes with 9th Generation Intel Core i7 and up to 4.5 GHz as well as Windows 10 Home 64 Bit.
Besides, it has 16 GB memory as well as 256 GB SSD storage in addition to a 2.5 inch HDD together with Nvidia GTX 1060 discrete GPU.
The 15.6-inch full HD screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, widescreen LED-backlit IPS display with a refresh rate of 144GHz and 3ms overdrive response time and 300nit brightness ensures that you view clear, sharp, and detailed images and provides you with a wide display thus you can view high definition images at any angle.
The Acer Predator Helios 300 Laptop comes with connectivity such as USB Type-C, USB 3.1 inputs, HDMI, and fingerprint reader.
Thanks to the convenient TrueBlock privacy shutter, it is possible to physically close the webcam when it is not in use.
- Large storage capacity and memory featuring 16GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB SSD storage.
- Comes with many connectivity features such as LAN port, HDMI, and USB Type -C
- 15.6-inch screen backlit keyboard with a refresh rate of 144GHz which is faster for any game
- 9th generation Core i7 makes it fast and powerful for top-notch performance
3. Lenovo ThinkPad P53 i9 Mobile Workstation Laptop
Lenovo ThinkPad P53 i9 Mobile Workstation laptop is the best laptop for precision craft cutting as it cut faster for most materials and has a variety of colors that perfectly fit any craft room.
Lenovo ThinkPad P53 will ensure that the final work of the craft designer for both professional and beginners is of high quality and unmatched those which have been done on a standard laptop.
It is powered by a 9th generation Core i9 processor combined with 32GB of RAM that delivers unmatched performance during gaming and that gamers have an easy time maneuvering through their game perfectly.
This laptop has been designed with high graphics processing unit to ensure that it delivers without any delay or interruptions.
It has a portable USB data hub for additional storage of data, including a Thunderbolt 3 port which offers the fastest as well as versatile connectivity.
- NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GBGDDR6 GPU, VR ready which is the best and latest tool in the market for gaming and any craftsmanship.
- 9th generation Core i9 processor makes it the best laptop for gaming
- The 512GB PCIe SSD storage capacity is large and faster as it takes microseconds to boot
- 32GB DDR4 RAM for multitasking during gaming
- Ultra-portable and compatible with Linux, MAC, Windows, Chrome OS
4. ASUS ROG Strix Scar 15 (2020) Laptop
ASUS ROG Strix Scar 15 (2020) Laptop is a high speed, powerful and exceptional computer for gaming. This laptop also has features that can be used for Circuit Explore Air 2.
It has a memory size of 32GB which makes it suitable for Cricut Explore Air 2. The battery is super powerful and can last a long time thus you can concentrate on your work without worrying about the power getting drained.
ASUS ROG Strix Scar 15 (2020) Laptop has the latest 10th generation Core i9-10980 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20170 ensures that you have the fastest and powerful performance.
This laptop has a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 widescreen LED-backlit IPS displays with a refresh rate of 300Hz.
- Large storage capacity and memory featuring 32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB RAID 0 PCIe
- Extensive connectivity features for more plugins
- The 15.6-inch screen offers high display for gaming
- Ultrafast 300Hz refresh rate offers a fast-paced action that looks very smooth
- 10th generation Core i9 makes it fast and powerful for gaming and any craft-related work
5. Lenovo Flex 14 2 in 1 Convertible Laptop
Lenovo Flex 14 2 in 1 Convertible Laptop is one of the most affordable laptops you will find for Cricut Explore Air 2.
This is a 14 inch full HD display that comes with a stylus pen, thus producing sharp images.
It features AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor in addition to 8GB memory as well as 256GB SSD storage which makes it enough to use with a Cricut software.
This means that you can use it for gaming. In addition, it has comprehensive protection which comes with Windows 10 that helps to protect against malware, viruses, and ransomware.
On the side of connectivity, Lenovo Flex 14 2 in 1 Convertible Laptop comes with USB Type-C, USB 3.1, as well as HDMI ports that allow you to connect to external display as well as other devices.
- Great full HD touch display
- Has a battery life of up to 8 hours
- A memory of 8GB and storage capacity of 256GB SSD
- 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen processor offers a powerful performance
- Connectivity include DC-in, USB-C, audio jack, and HDMI
6. Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Laptop
Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Laptop comes with 12 GB memory, 256GB +1TB HDD, and an Intel Core i5 processor, which makes it a reliable and powerful.
This laptop can offer high performance for Cricut Explore Air 2.
One feature we like about Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Laptop is a full HD 15.6-inch touchscreen that offers great picture quality.
Also, it is powered by 8th Gen Intel Core i5 and has a touchscreen widescreen LED display with UHD 620 Graphics.
On the side of connectivity, the Inspiron 5000 has LAN, HDMI, headphone jack, and USB ports on the left side.
- Full HD 15.6 inches touchscreen
- Hybrid 1 TB HDD and 256GB SSD storage
- Powered by powerful 8th Gen Intel Quad-Core i5
- Connectivity options such as LAN, HDMI, ports, headphone jack, and 2 USB ports
7. Asus ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 15.6’’
Asus ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 15.6’’. This laptop is best for ultrapower computing and gaming-grade graphics. It comes with exclusive features that ensure that you accomplish ultimate multitasking and performance on time.
Asus ZenBook Pro Duo Laptop comes with a secondary 14’’ 4K touchpad touchscreen combined with the main display 15.6’’ screen display, which gives you more ways of accomplishing your workflow perfectly and smoothly.
With the stylus pen, you can just maximize your creativity while crafting or gaming. It has the latest 9th generation processor Core i9 – 9980 Octa-core processor with a clock speed of 5.0 GHz, 8 processor count which is the fastest and the most powerful for any craft cutting work.
The screen also has a high resolution of 3840 x 2160 which is the very clear and ultra-high definition. The best crafting cut will be achieved; you get the latest graphics that is NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD storage capacity, andWindows 10 Pro.
These features, therefore, make it the best laptop for Cricut Explore Air 2.
- Core i9 processor which makes it faster for craftwork cutting activities
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics for the best and latest craft design and the fastest game ever
- 15.6’’ screen display and a plus 4K touchscreen touch trackpad which ensures a smooth workflow
- 32GB DDR4 RAM which supports all SketchUp and multitasking
- Uses Windows 10 Pro operating system which is easy to use and is the best for craft cutting
- It weighs 5.55 pounds which a little bit heavy
8. Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch Laptop
Apple MacBook Pro 15 inch Laptop is the best gaming laptop equipped that uses the latest processor which makes it powerful.
This laptop is compatible with Cricut Design Space software that works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS. It comes with a 15-inch screen size full HD screen display that ensures the images are clear and detailed enough.
Additionally, it is fairly lightweight and portable with a weight of 4.02 pounds and 512 GB SSD storage capacities which is large enough for all your files, documents, and data, and suitable for either professional or beginners.
Apple MacBook Pro 2019 Model 15 inch Laptop has 16 GB DDR4 RAM that makes this laptop super-fast and good for multitasking and therefore suitable for Circuit Explore Air 2.
It is powered by an Intel Core i9 processor and a clock speed of 2.3GHz which is very powerful.
- It has a storage capacity of 512GB SSD
- 16GB DDR4 RAM
- 2.3 GHz Intel Core i9
- It has a Mac OS X operating system
- It is powered by AMD Radeon Pro 560X GPU
9. Acer Aspire E 8th Gen Laptop
Another laptop to feature on this list of best laptops for Cricut explore air 2 is the Acer Aspire E 8th Gen Laptop.
This laptop is ideal for people who are on a budget and are looking for a good laptop that can be used for Circuit Explore Air 2.
It features Intel Core i3, including 6GB Dual Channel Memory as well as 1TB HDD.
The Aspire has a Full HD 15.6-inch screen display which delivers great image quality.
The 8th Generation Processing offers seamless and powerful operation for your day to day task. When it comes to connectivity, this laptops stands out because it allows you to connect it to 3x USB Type-A, USB Type-C, LAN, HDMI, as well as VGA ports.
- Dual-Core Processor 2.2GHz
- 6 GB Dual Channel Memory
- The battery has up to 13.5-hour life
- HDMI Port, LAN, USB 2.0, and USB 3.0 and 3.1 Type C Ports
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 widescreen LED-backlit display
10. ASUS ProArt StudioBook One Mobile Workstation Laptop
Finally, on this list of best laptops for Cricut explore air 2 is ASUS ProArt StudioBook One Mobile Workstation Laptop. This laptop with 15.6’’ 4K UHD Pantone display and with Intel Core i9 offers unbelievable visuals and unbeatable performance.
Despite being the most expensive on this list, it delivers exclusively high performance with the latest NVIDIA Quadro RTX 6000 24GB GDDR6 VRAM with RTX studio ready.
It has the fastest and largest storage capacity of 1TB PCIe NVMe, 64GB RAM for any multitasking work. ASUS ProArt StudioBook One Mobile Workstation Laptop comes with unique cooling capacity.
- Weighs 6.39 pounds
- Powered by the latest NVIDIA Quadro RTX 6000 24GB GDDR6 VRAM for smooth images and super high performance
- It is designed for 3D animation, product development, Architectural work, and data science
- 4K UHD 15.6’’ core i9 which is very powerful
Buyer’s guide to choosing the best laptop for Cricut explore air 2
While looking for the best laptop for Cricut explore air 2, you should choose the one that is compatible with Design Space software. Cricut Explore Air 2 has minimum requirements for it to run properly when used with a laptop.
If you are using Cricut Explore Air 2 with a laptop, you need to pay attention to the following features.
- CPU Most designers agree that a laptop with an i3 processor is compatible with Cricut but if you want to use it with design Design Space, you should choose a CPU of i5 or higher. Alternatively, if the laptop uses an AMD Ryzen processor, choose the one which is equivalent to Core i5.
- RAM – It is recommended that you choose a laptop with a minimum of 4GB memory if you are going to use it for Cricut. However, if it is not the only task you are going to use it for you need to choose a laptop with a minimum memory of 8GB.
- Display – The screen resolution refers to the number of individual pixels that the display comes with. For example, a full HD display should have a 1920 pixel width x 1080 pixels height. If the laptop has a higher pixel it should produce a sharper image quality.
- Storage – The storage capacity should depend on user requirements. In case you have a large video or photo collection, then you need to choose a bigger capacity drive that can store data. Cricut does not come with any storage but you can choose SSD storage for enhanced performance.
- Connectivity – The basic connectivity for connecting Cricut is a standard USB Type-A but it is advisable you choose the latest version for reliable and faster connectivity. However, if you are connecting an external display, it is advisable that you choose a laptop that has DisplayPort, USB Type-C, or HDMI.
What is the most important feature to look for in a Laptop for Cricut Explore Air 2?
There are many features to look for in a laptop used for Cricut Explore Air 2 such as refresh rate, connectivity options, storage space, GPU but the most important feature to look at is the CPU. A computer with high CPU and clocking speed is recommended so that you cut any craftwork and print any design of artwork.
Tell me the difference between Cricut Explore Air 2 and Cricut Air?
The main difference is that Cricut Explore Air 2 can cut as well as write up to 2 times faster compared to the Cricut Air.
Is it possible to use Cricut without an internet connection?
Yes, you can use Cricut even if there is no internet connection to cut and design projects. All you have to do is download the content onto the device so that you can use it offline. With the Cricut Design Space (iOS) you can design then cut using the downloaded content even with no internet connection.
What is the desired RAM for Cricut Explore Air 2?
At least 4GB of RAM will be good for multitasking but more RAM is also encouraged for maximum productivity. It is also good for upgraded files.
What is the desired browser for Cricut Explore Air 2?
The latest version of a browser such as Mozilla, Firefox, Google Chrome, or Microsoft Edge
Is it compatible with Chromebook?
No, Cricut Design Space is not compatible with Chromebook or Linux/ Unix computers.
What is the desired free disc space for Cricut Explore Air 2?
The minimum free disc space for Cricut Explore Air 2 should be 2GB but the recommended space is 20GB
Cricut Explore Air 2 requires the best laptops which ensure fast fabric cut and high-quality print craft design that is why you need to choose one of the above best laptops for Cricut Explore Air 2 because they meet the minimum criteria. If you want to have the best craft as an art enthusiast then you need to choose a laptop that is suitable for graphic arts. With the above list and buyer’s guide, you can find the best laptop that suits your needs.
- Best Laptops for SketchUp and Rendering 2020 Reviews
- The Top 10 Best Intel Core i7 Processor Laptops 2020
- Best Budget Laptop for Adobe Creative Cloud for 2020
- Best Budget Laptops for Film and Media Students 2020
- 7 Best Monitor for Video Conferencing 2020 (Reviews)
Last update on 2020-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API