Video conferencing has become the new normal in 2020. And now everyone is talking about Zoom, a popular cloud-based video conferencing service. But there are many things to prepare before conducting a video conference such as a webcam, and most importantly, a monitor!
With a decent monitor, you don’t have to worry about tabs, videos, and other features being clustered into one big mess. That’s why it is recommended to use a high-resolution monitor that can be easily integrated with your existing computer.
But which video conferencing monitor is the right pick and what should you keep in mind before buying one? Well, it is important to go for a monitor that provides an all-in-one solution to your conferencing needs. Also, consider the size because bigger monitors will give you a better display and a range of features to choose from.
That may sound quite a technical jungle, but we are going to break everything down for you in this review. Concisely, most people love AV monitors that provide more flexibility and control over their video conferencing experience.
However, AV monitors are not cheap and will cost you more than a standard monitor. If you are looking for the best monitors for video conferencing 2020, then here are our top picks.
The Best Monitors for Video Conferencing for 2020:
1. Samsung QB55R Review
SAMSUNG QB55R has a mini design that fits wherever you want. The 55-inch display features a fantastic 4K Ultra HD video quality with vibrant colors.
It also features Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
The QB55R Samsung is fully compatible with the room kit products from Cisco WebEx, which is a great tool that integrates speakers, microphone, codec, and camera into one device.
Its crystal-clear display consists of a billion color shades, 64x standard UHD displays. The monitor offers subtle color, high brightness, and sharp contrast with 4K HD video resolution and 350 nit brightness.
Thus, you will benefit from the best image and video quality System-on-chip (SoC) technology from Samsung, and the built-in media player will provide you with a comprehensive cloud computing solution.
Samsung QB55R also has an intelligent UHD upscaling that is an incredible game-changer. It improves the clarity and detail of standard and high-definition content to the highest possible image quality ever. Overall, this is a solid monitor that will allow you to experience superior image clarity, sound quality, and clean cable management if you are willing to pay the price.
- 55-inch display with 4K UHD picture quality for crystal clear and lifelike color, Dynamic Crystal Color.
- Cisco WebEx room kit compatible, integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enables the control and sharing of content via tablets and mobile phones
- Smart upscaling of UHD ensures maximum image quality both for standard and HD content
- Slender, sleek design for easy to mount and smooth cable control.
- System-on-chip (SoC) technology and integrated media player provide a complete solution to web applications
- Integrated Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- Video in 4K HD resolution
- Symmetrical slim design
- Integrated cable management
- A bit pricey
- Does not include a stand
2. Acer Predator Gaming X34 Curved 34″ Monitor
The Acer Predator X34 is a large curved monitor with incredible immersion and G-sync output. It uses an IPS panel to produce vivid, precise colors and smooth grey-scale playback and with an outstanding UWQHD resolution.
This monitor only gives you two video inputs, which is a little disappointing, but its many features make up for this flaw.
The display runs at a maximum measured brightness of 300 nits, which is more than ample light intensity for all media out there.
The curved design of the monitor is an improvement in the game. You would have to practically tilt your head to the right and left to see parts of the screen if you had a flat 34-inch monitor.
A curved screen will save you the agony. Everything is in your range of vision, and the curve adds a VR-esque aspect to your images.
The monitor features two integrated 7W DTS Sound speakers, which is a nice move by the Acer. But let’s admit it – monitor speakers cannot provide the sound quality and range as external speakers. If you rely on these 7W speakers to absorb the media, you will find it a disservice for yourself.
- Fantastic 2-7w DTS ® Sound Speakers
- Eco-display technology that lowers energy usage
- Zero frames making it immersive
- Overclocking feature that increases refresh rates to 100Hz
- IPS technology which improves image clarity without affecting the speed
- 34 “solid curved screen
- An overclocked refresh rate of 100Hz
- Great consistency in color
- Sharp contrast
- Curves maximize immersion
- Stylish and highly robust physically
- Port range limited
- Speakers with a low power
- Takes up a lot of desk space
3. Dell Alienware AW3420DW 34 Curved Gaming Monitor
Dell Alienware is an enormous display, but the curve of 1900R is mild in the eyes. It would help if you turned your head to see content on either end of the screen since it is too shallow.
The curve distorts your desktop applications to look overly curved to the middle of the monitor. It isn’t horrible or annoying, though.
The wide 34-inch panel is remarkably versatile, considering its massively large size. With a gentle yet strong push, you can lift or lower it.
It can also swivel 20 degrees left and right and up or down nearly 15 degrees. If necessary, it can be tilted off-axis with an angle of 5 degrees, but not a flat display of 90 degrees.
The 1440p resolution makes it all sharp and crisp. Also, G-Sync’s 120 Hz will allow battery smooth running for conferencing.
Even if you can notice a clear lack of HDR, the overall experience with the use of this panel is always a pleasure.
These 34 inches surround you and are perfect for multitasking. Having two or three full-size app windows side by side is an efficiency paradise.
- Personalized lighting
- The latest technology of IPS Nano
- G-sync platform with NVIDIA
- WQHD Resolution Monitor 3440 X 1440 offers simple, vivid image perspectives
- Lovely quality picture
- Nice design.
- The refresh rate is extraordinary.
- 1900 R eye-friendly curved display
- Professional color gamut
- Very costly
- More ports are required
The ViewSonic VP3268-4K PRO 32″ 4K Monitor a great video conferencing monitor with a sleek, trendy look that stands out in all environments.
With MVA displays and 60Hz frame rate, the 4K UHD (3840 to 2160) panel provides an exceptional experience.
The monitor shows a wide range of NTSC colors for HDR10 content of up to 95 percent. It has an 80M: 1 contrast ratio.
The HDMI port and DisplayPort entries allow easy connectivity.
Its blue light filter and the flicker-free technology would also reduce the strain on your eyes. The box includes the power cable and HDMI cable. It’s, therefore, an excellent choice for video conferencing
In spite of the much larger size of the screens, 4K is about as good as it gets if you are willing to invest some megabucks.
Some desktop monitors cannot hold a candle against the best mobile devices in pixel density, displaying crispness and clarity.
Of course, the possible issue is that it is still not very convenient for Windows or the Internet at large to support high DPI displays.
This is part of View Sonic’s latest VP 3268-4K 32-inch context. It sends a needle between smaller 4K panels (that cause problem with Windows if the scale is above 100% to enhance legibility) and larger 40-inch plus 4K panels (that are still visible at 100% scaling but with relatively fat, grotesque pixels).
All in all, 32” at 4k is a big plus.
- 4K UHD resolution (3840x2160p) and premium screen
- Large screen: see and do everything from a single display
- Support of HDR10 content: show videos as viewed – giving you a more detailed and interactive viewing experience
- VX3211-4K-MHD supports HDMI 2.0 and Monitor Port Inputs for laptops, PCs, and Mobile devices
- Leading consumer warranty: coverage for three years
- Compliant with VESA mounting.
- Two built-in speakers
- Quality 4K HD Resolution
- Flexibility with the pivot mode
- USB hub with four ports
- Inbuilt speakers are not decent
- Requires a calibrator for accuracy
5. LG 34GN850-B 34 Inch Gaming Monitor
The LG 34GN850-B is a decent monitor with a remarkable video efficiency.
It has a 1440p resolution on a 34 “screen which provides an immersive experience and a lot of productivity displays.
The monitor is softly curved and can be sufficiently bright to be used in moderately lit spaces.
Its excellent response times and high refresh rates offer consistent images with very little motion blur and native compatibility with Free Sync.
Unfortunately, due to its low contrast ratio, it does not do too well in dark environments, nor does it have a low – light feature.
On the upside, it supports HDR and has a color sRGB-mode.
It sure ticks plenty of boxes on paper. The curved 34-inch screen is fitted with 3,440 pixels by 1440. The Nano IPS screen of L GM is a little unique while predictable. LG says the 1ms response is fine, which puts it on an equal footing with the best TN panels.
- Sub-4K 3,440 by 1,440 resolution
- G-sync platform
- LG Nano IPS panel
- 160Hz refresh rate
- Fantastic response time
- Excellent color quality
- Low input lag.
- Witty IPS Visuals
- Excellent overall results
- The contrast ratio is sub-par.
- Awful ergonomics.
6. LG 32UL950-W 32″ 4K UHD LED Monitor
The LG 32UL950-W 32 “4K UHD Display offers high-quality cinematic images with LG’s own Nano IPst technology.
LG32UL950-W monitors feature a high definition 3840 x 2160 4K resolution with a standard 450 cd / m2 brightness, a contrast ratio of 1000:1; grey/grey response time of 5 m, and a 16:9 aspect ratio.
Connectivity consists of two USB 3.0 ports, one DisplayPort and one HDMI, two Thunderbolt ports, and a headphone jack.
It is also equipped with low-bass speakers, an adjustable stand, and an infinite layout.
Apart from the prevailing whites LED backlight in IPS panels, the 32UL950-W provides the ability to cover 98 percent of the DCI-P3 color by an added layer of nanometer-size particle that absorbs unnecessary wavelengths to produce accurate colors.
LG 32UL 950-W 32 “4K UHD with Thunderbolt ports is an outstanding show for content producers and audiovisual professionals alike. It offers the most stunning and vibrant images using revolutionary Nano product technology.
- 4K Color filtering
- Impeccable Color Nano IPS View
- On-screen Control
- Delicate expression of colors
- The picture is consistent in an angle when viewed
- Support for Freesync and low feedback
- Massive screen
- HDR support
- Strong quality construction
- Poor efficiency in dark rooms
- Backlight PWM flicker
The free sync Monitor from Samsung will allow you to see and do a lot more. This elegant and ultra-large display with its tiny bezels offers immersive viewing experiences and an abundance of 3440 by 1440 pixels.
Besides, the display is equipped with a VA panel (Vertical Alignment) that gives vibrant colors at wide angles.
It provides a smooth video conferencing experience as long as your machine is appropriate, thanks to its 100 Hz refresh rate and AMD FreeSync technology.
There is a USB hub that connects to your device through a variety of inputs like HDMI, DisplayPort, and USB Type C for your convenience.
If you love comfort and efficiency, the ultra-curved 1800R VA panel is your best bet.
With a radius of 1800 mm, the distance from the screen to the eye stays more even, thereby reducing eye fatigue during the long hours of work.
Additional specs include brightness of 300 cd/m2, a static contrast ratio of 3000:1, a 4ms response time, and 16.7 million color support.
- Big 34″ screen
- 21:9 large panel and Quick set up boxes multitasking
- USB Type-C port for cable-free wireless transfer of power and data and DP signals
- Wall Mountable AMD Free sync, 100 Hz Refresh Rate
- Ultra WQHD makes a 3440×1440, 3000:1 screen resolution contrast
- Roughly 100 hertz
- Easy on the eyes
- Free-Sync AMD technology
- Super big curved screen
- USB hub
- Split-screen multiplayer
- A bit expensive
- Speakers are not the best quality
Video conferencing facilitates communication between two or more people via electronic devices in real-time. It works by sending an AV signal (Audio / Video) over the Internet, and you need a good monitor for this to work effectively.
Luckily, this detailed review gives you a list of the best video conferencing monitors in terms of ergonomics and efficiency. But don’t forget the thumb rule: the bigger, the better. So, make sure you look for features that will guarantee quality when you make your order.
- The Top 10 Best Intel Core i7 Processor Laptops 2020
- Best 4K Gaming Laptops 2020 (4k & 144hz+ Reviews)
- The Best Laptops for Realtors and Real Estate Agents
- Best 2-In-1 Laptops Under $500 With Stylus for 2020
- The Best Gaming Laptop for Sims 4 With Mods for 2020
- Best Budget Laptop for Adobe Creative Cloud for 2020
- Best Budget Laptops for Film and Media Students 2020
Last update on 2020-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API