Hacking laptops have unique specifications, considering how intense hacking can be. We have a list of 10 best laptops for hacking. Check them out.
The advancements in computer technology are wowing. Computer manufacturers put in mind the different needs of computer users. Thus, they create highly specialized computers such as hacking and gaming laptops. One such use is hacking. Basically, hacking means, exploiting the systems of a computer or a private network without permission. Hackers gain access and take control of the computer or system for illicit purposes.
Breaking into a security system requires not only high levels of intelligence but also a highly functional computer. Hackers have to deal with a lot of hurdles, including DDOS, server intrusions, coding, password cracking, and penetration testing. What makes these aspects difficult is because of tight security measures and a larger amount of data that hackers have to deal with.
Only powerful laptops can handle an enormous amount of data. Therefore, understanding hacking laptop requirements leads to purchasing the best laptops for hacking the 2020 market offer. Technology is ever-evolving. Security systems are being upgraded. A laptop that hacked a system effectively last year may not handle the security measures of the same system this year.
So if you plan to hack systems or computers, you need powerful hacking hardware and the latest hacking software to accomplish the task.
The 10 Best Hacking Laptops and Pentesting for 2020:
Acer brand is a huge name when it comes to developing laptops for any use. This time, the Acer Helios 300 is an excellent option for those interested in stalking or gamers. Hackers find this laptop to be efficient – faster, multitasking abilities, and don’t heat up quickly.
- Processor: Latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7 2.8GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz
- Graphics card: Latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- Screen: 15.6 Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display
- Keyboard: Red Backlit
- RAM: 8GB DDR4 Memory & 256GB SSD
- HDD: 256GB SSD
- Battery life: Up to 7-hours
If you are a hard-core hacker, you’ll find this Acer laptop a versatile tool for your hacking activities. The laptop currently retails at slightly above 950 bucks on mason, making it one of the midrange laptops. However, its features match the price. Typically, it is a dynamic option hence a laptop of great help.
While the built may not be an essential aspect, it is worth noting that this Acer laptop has a black and teal scheme. The chassis is durable and has a metallic lid and keyboard deck, which makes the laptop more quality. On the other hand, the screen bezels and the underside are built of plastic. The laptop is not too thin or too thick, considering its 15.6 inches screen size and dimensions of 0.9 by 14.2 by 10 inches, which gives it a weight of 5.1 pounds.
The laptop display is equally significant. With a resolution of 1080p and a high refreshing panel featuring a 144Hz refresh rate and a 3ms response time with overdrive makes this laptop give remarkable quality pictures. Keep in mind that the 1080p resolution is the right pick for the graphics chip.
Another physical feature you’ll love about this laptop is the touch and feel of the touchpad and the keyboard. The keyboard has a balanced amount of essential travel with a satisfying bounce, which gives it a one-of-a-kind typing experience. The touchpad’s surface is made of plastic, but it is devoid of the rough texture, but the action is responsive and smooth.
Software-wise, this Acer laptop packs Acer’s PredatorSense software suite that is responsible for temperature monitoring, per-game settings profiles, and fan control. Additionally, you get GPU overclocking, which allows you to choose between normal, fast, and extreme clock-speed pre-sets instead of manually overclocking the GPU.
To bring up the PredatorSense software, simply press the dedicated button just above the number pad. To switch the fan speed, use the Turbo button on the top left corner of the system switches. The button allows you to attain maximum speed with a single press.
With the Acer Predator Helios 300, you get a Latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor with a turbo boot to boost the 2.8 speed to an impressive 3.8GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 graphics that have a dedicatedGDDR5 VRAM of 6GB, 16GB of memory, and a 256GB boot SSD.
Still, you get a USB 3.0 port, a Type-C USB 3.1, full-size HDMI out, an Ethernet jack, a headset jack, and a mini DisplayPort connection.
- A perfect balance between price and performance
- GTX 1060 pushes the 1080p monitor easily
- Excellent cooling system
- High-quality built
- Matte screen
- Fingerprints show quickly on metal exterior
What makes the MSI GV62 8RD-200 one of the best hacking laptops is the fact that it injects in the laptop world a concept of portability, reasonable pricing, and powerful features. Let’s look at the specs this laptop packs.
MSI GV62 8RD-200 Specifications:
- Processor: New Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8300H 2.3 – 4.0GHz
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti 4G GDDR5
- Screen Display: 15.6″ FHD EDP IPS-Level
- RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400MHz 2 Sockets; Max Memory 32GB
- Storage: New Intel Optane 16GB + 1TB (5400RPM)
The 8RD-200 is a thinner device, which means it sacrifices on some aspects such as the optical drive. The matte black body is plastic with a rear that has a thin red accent joining the dual fan grilles. You can remove the underside of this laptop to allow expandability.
If you are looking for a stylish laptop, the MSI will not disappoint. It has wide application, though not great for office use due to its pronounced red accents as well as ‘gamer-inspired’ Steel series keyboard.
Placed among the most portable devices, the MSI GV62 8RD-200 is a truly portable device. It stands at slightly over 4.8 pounds and 1.06 inches thin. The screen size is 15-inch, featuring a full HD1080p resolution. Further, it offers a wide viewing angle, thanks to its In-Plane Switching technology. However, you have to make the effect more prominent by glass-coating the screen.
The keyboard is built-in and is a steel series. Its design is conformed to offer comfortable use. It has anti-ghosting keys, and it has single backlighting. You’ll realize that the keys feel very comfortable when typing but are somehow bouncy due to too much traveling. When it comes to the touchpad, it is slightly offset towards the left, but it remains smooth and steady with a responsive left-click and right-click functions located just beneath the touchpad.
This laptop lacks an SSD; nevertheless, it packs the high functional Optane memory. While this memory may not be as high as an SSD, it brings in a new mode of traditional spinning drives, which gives them an SSD like performance.
What’s Optane memory? It is not real Ram but a specialized type of storage solution, which connects to M.2 storage slots PCIe Gen 3.0×2) on the PC’s motherboard. This is a common feature on the latest motherboards that are designed for Intel Kaby Lake processors alongside the 200 series Intel chipset. Currently, this system is available on Coffee Lake processors-8th Generation. Typically, this connected storage drive offer16GB or 32GB of Optane Memory, which results in the blazing fast cache and overall excellent performance.
The 8th generation ‘Coffee Lake-H’ chip performs significantly better than its predecessors. Sadly, its 1050Ti GPU does not support VR gaming. Note that this MSI product uses six-core CPU and 8GB of RAM, which can be expanded to 32 GB for speedy performance.
The Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB of GDDR5 memory is sufficient for hackers to do their activities.
- Strong performance
- Thing and lightweight, hence portable
- Utilizes Optane memory module
- Newer CPU
- Not VR-Ready
- Sort battery life
What makes this Acer product worth the best laptop for hacking is the powerful features it packs. Below are the features you have.
- Processor: 8th Generation Intel Core i7 8565U that can be boosted to Up to 4.6GHz
- Graphics: Intel 620 UHD graphics
- Screen display: 14 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Multi-Touch Convertible Display
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 Memory
- Storage: 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Battery life: Up to 12 Hours
Hackers with a thing for sleek laptops will, undoubtedly, find this Acer Spin 3 Convertible Laptop a laptop of choice. The outer case is glossy slate-gray but is made of non-grippy material. This poses a problem if you are to use it on top of a table. Nevertheless, the laptop offers a variety of modes to use thanks to its Continuum 360-degree hinges, which allow rotation options beyond tablet or notebook model.
When you open the laptop lid, it breaks into two-tone: a black textured upper bezel and a glossy silver bottom. The keyboard deck is built of a smooth textured plastic as the lid. So if you are hacking for extended periods, you get a laptop that is smooth to the skin. At 3.7 pounds, you get a lightweight convertible, though a little heavier than competing mainstream laptops.
While the processor’s speed may vary, these laptops pack a powerful and impressive 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8665U 1.8-GHz processor, which can be boosted to 4.6GHz. Without a doubt, this beats the highly-priced laptops. A memory of 16GB alongside a 512GB PCIe SSD makes it easy for the hackers to access a large quantity of data as well as multitask effectively.
What you’ll also love about this laptop is the highly responsive 1080 LED touch display with its backlit IPS technology offering plenty of screen space. Furthermore, it has a narrow and unobtrusively 0.4-inch bezel, further enhancing the display and providing more room to run programs.
The keyboard is responsive, and keys feel good when typing. However, the downside of this laptop is that colors are lacking. It displays vibrant colors as boring and listless. Darker scenes will appear muddy.
- Versatile in design
- The audio is clear and loud
- Highly functional fans that maintain the coolness of the laptop even under intense pressure
- Reasonable chicklet keyboard
- SSD feels fast and speedy
- Poor/lackluster display
- Lacks USB Type-C
This Dell Alienware laptop is a mark of sophistication as it packs outstanding features to make it tackle any amount of data or task ahead of it; thus, considered one of the best laptops for hacking
- Processor: Intel 6-Core i7-8750H 9MB cache, 2.20 GHz up to 4.10 GHz
- Screen display: 15.6-inches FHD IPS 1080p
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
- Memory: 1 6GB 2400 MHz DDR4 (Maximum Memory Capacity 32GB)
- Storage: 1TB HDD + 8GB SSD
- Keyboard: Backlit
- Battery life: 4-5 hours
We count the Dell Alienware as one of the best hacking laptops in the world due to its beastly power thanks to the 8th Gen 2.0-GHz Intel Core i7-8750H processor, which produces enough power to hack even the complicated security systems. The memory of 16 GB, a dedicated 256GB PCIe M.2 SSD furthers, makes the laptop good at its performance. Still, it features a 1TB and 7,200-rpm HDD.
Its graphics, i.e., overclocked Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 GPU and the 8GB of VRAM is another aspect of this laptop that puts it in the radar of hackers. Most hackers find it to be a handy feature in hacking laptops.
This laptop is a heavyweight as compared to other laptops as it weighs 7.8 pounds, though this isn’t a concern for most hackers. What is interesting in this laptop is the 1080p matte panel that delivers vivid colors and plenty of brightness. The screen offers buttery-smooth frame rates. Best of all, the display can produce 119 percent of the sRGB color gamut, which is enough for hacking but low for gaming.
There are enough ports that a gamer, a hacker, or any office working person needs. The majority of these ports, however, reside at the back. The ports include Thunderbolt 3 port, Ethernet, mini DisplayPort, a power jack, and a proprietary port to connect the Alienware Graphics Amplifier. On the sides, there are Type-C ports, a USB 3.1 port, a Noble lock slot, and a microphone.
The keys are bouncy. They travel 2 millimeters and have an actuation of 78 grams. On the other hand, the touchpad allows multi-touch gestures such as pinch to zoom, three-finger press, and flick.
- Colorful display
- Comfortable keyboard
- Has strong graphics which result in an exemplary performance
- Designed for VR
- The chassis offers total system ventilation
- TactX keyboard provides uniform feedback when typing
- Fantastic built quality
- Lacks Nvidia G-Sync technology
- Tends to heat up quickly
Apart from the elegant design, the ROG Strix SCAR II packs features that make the laptop functional. Below is a summary of the specs.
- Processor: Intel Core i7-8750H (up to 3.9GHz)
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
- Screen display: 17.3- inch refresh rate 144Hz IPS-Type Display; Slim 5mm Bezel and 3ms response time
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM
- Storage: 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD + 1TB HDD
- Battery life: 3hours 20 minutes
Typical, the hood of the laptop is a contrasting brushed-aluminum. The lid has a glossy ROG logo, which emits RGB lighting when turned on. The 17-ich widescreen offers you a wide surface area to work on. Despite its large size, the laptop weighs 6.3 pounds, which is relatively great for a 17-ich laptop.
The display is mesmerizing. The 1080p panel is sharp, colorful, and bright, thanks to the 144Hz refresh rate and 3-millisecond response time. Essentially, the panel covers 114 percent of the sRGB spectrum, which is sufficient for both gaming.
The keys on the keyboard are active and punchy. They travel a distance of 1.4 millimeters and only require 71 grams of actuation force. On the other hand, the touchpad (4.1 x 2.2-inch) offers smooth cursor control. However, the left and right-click go too far down, causing my thumb to hit the base of the chassis
Performance-wise, the ROG Strix SCAR II gaming laptop performs excellently. With an Intel Core i7-8750H processor, 16GB of RAM, 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD, and 1TB 5,400-rpm HDD, the laptop is bound to give excellent performance even in the event of multitasking. The Geekbench 4 overall performance test ranks this laptop 18,618, which is above the 18,451 for mainstream gaming.
According to tests, this laptop took 10 seconds to copy 4.97GB of data.
Lenovo ThinkPad T480 is a laptop that offers unmatched productivity due to its unrivaled endurance as well as strong performance.
- Processor: 8th Generation Intel Quad-Core i5-8250U 1.60 GHz with a Max Turbo 3.40 GHz, four cores eight threads, 6MB SmartCache
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 RAM
- Storage: Toshiba 256B PCIe NVMe 2242 M.2 SSD
- Display: 14-Inch HD (1366×768) – supports 4k resolution
- Graphics: Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 Nvidia MX150
- Battery life: 17 hours
This Lenovo laptop is not only fast, but it also makes you work faster. The design of the laptop is simply functional but not sleek. The chassis is black while the touchpad is soft. The general product dimension is 13.25 x 9.15 x 0.78 inches and has a weight of 3.98 pounds, which makes it a portable laptop.
The fantastic thing with this hacking laptop is that you get every kind of port you need. They include the dual two USB 3.0 connectors, a full-size Ethernet port, HDMI-out, and an SD card reader. Still, there is a USB Type-C port for charging as well as providing a separate Thunderbolt 3 connection for plugging into high-speed peripherals, like external graphics cards.
Typical to the think pad family, the T480 is built for performance. The combination of Core i5-8350U CPU, 8GB of RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, and Nvidia MX150 GPU the laptop to handle any tasks thrown at it. The 1080p resolution provides sharp images and solid viewing angles, but there is nothing special about colors and brightness.
- Outstanding battery performance – 17 hours
- Strong built
- Snappy keyboard
- The screen is dull
The Acer Aspire E15 laptop is known for its performance, numerous ports, and good battery life. Still, it comes at a better price.
- Processor: 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Up to 3.4GHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 Graphics with 2GB of discrete video memory
- Screen display: 15.6″ Full HD 1080p widescreen LED-lit IPS Display
- Memory: 8GB Dual Channel Memory
- Storage: 256GB SSD
- Battery life: Up to 15-hours
Acer Aspire E 15 is a laptop that defies its low price. It punches right above what pricy laptops cannot. Right from the display to its performance, you’ll be amazed at how your job with being done faster without the laptop heating up.
Looks is not one of the strongest points of this Acer laptop, though the smooth black deck built of chunky plastic that is brushed to give it a metal texture, a feature that makes it appear a premium laptop. At 5 pounds and dimension of 15 x 10.2 x 1.2 inches, this laptop is, undoubtedly, portable. So you can carry it easily.
When it comes to displaying the 15ich laptop of a sharp display with moderate colorfulness. Typically, 1080p gives enough details to watch movies or play your favorite games. Note that it can only reproduce 62.3 percent of the sRGB color gamut and an excellent maximum brightness of 227 nits.
The combination of 8th Gen Intel Core i5- 8250U processor, 8GB of RAM, 1TB hard drive, and NVIDIA GeForce MX150 Graphics makes this laptop one of the best performing laptops in that price range. Typically, it can load up to 10 Firefox tabs quickly.
- Lots of ports
- Excellent battery life
- Very affordable
- Exceptional keyboard and touchpad feel
- Reliable performance – making it a fast laptop
- Below average screen brightness
- Filled with bloatware
- Timeout on keyboard backlight is not adjustable.
Asus is an above par laptop, besides its unique color designs. Still, it comes with an innovative ScreenPad 2.0.
- Processor: Intel Core i5-8265u – 6M Cache, up to 3.9 GHz
- Graphics: 8 GB RAM Intel UHD Graphics 620
- Display: 15.6-inch FHD 4 Way NanoEdge bezel Display offering a stunning 87% screen-to-body ratio
- Memory: 8GB DDR4 RAM
- Storage: 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD + 1TB HDD
- Battery life: 8 hours
One reason this laptop from Asus is a top performer is its solid speakers, a comfortable keyboard, and a sleek design all at an affordable price. On the lower side, the battery life is not impressive, as is the screen display.
When it comes to the performance, the Core i5-8265U CPU alongside the 8GB of RAM, and a 256GB SSD, you get an explosive performance. Thus, hackers find this laptop one of the best hacking laptops. The laptop is pretty compact. It comes with a dimension of 14.1 x 9.1 x 0.7 inches and a weight of 3.8 pounds. This makes it generally a portable laptop.
The display of the laptop is not that stunning but does an excellent job enough for a hacker or gamer to do their business. The keyboard spaced properly and featured a full number pad.
- Sleek chassis
- Fast overall performance
- Unique colors
- Improved ScreenPad 2.0
- Dull display
- Quirks in the ScreenPad 2.0
This laptop from HP can do multiple tasks at a go, and at a faster rate.
- Processor: Intel Dual Core AMD A6-9225 2.6 GHz boost up to 3.0 GHz, AMD Radeon R4
- Graphics: Coprocessor AMD Radeon R4
- RAM: 4GB upgraded to 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM
- Display: 15.6 Inch1366 x 768 HD resolution
- Storage: 1TB HDD
- Battery life: 3 hours
This laptop doesn’t come with an SSD, but you can upgrade storage ROM the HDD version to SSD, which boosts the overall performance of the laptop. You can upgrade to 1TB SSD for better performance
The laptop comes with a RAM of 4GB which you can upgrade to 8GB for excellent multitasking; which is what hackers do most of the time. Additionally, the AMD Dual-Core A6-9225 is an accelerated processor with a speed of 2.6 GHz to deliver much-needed speeds while the Integrated AMD Radeon R4 Graphics boost the performance beyond your imagination.
The resolution is not as generous as other laptops so far reviewed, but it does the job as expected. Typically, the resolution is a 768p HD resolution. While the colors may not be stunning, the images are still clear enough.
You also get many ports, including Ethernet Port, 2 x USB 3.0, a single USB 2.0, and 1 HDMI port.
- Affordable laptop
- Easy to get up and running
- You can pick the RAM and storage you like
- The laptop tends to freezes and lag at times
- Processor: 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
- Screen display: 13-inch Brilliant Retina Display (2560-by-1600)
- Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
- Storage: Ultrafast SSD
- Battery life: Up to 10 hours
This MacBook is undoubtedly one of the high-end laptops you can get in the market but is performance is worth the price. At a processor speed of 1.4-GHz (quad-core), the 8th-gen Core i5 processor delivers incredible speeds for multitasking and handling multiple data. When you combine this processor with the 8GB of RAM and a 128GB SSD, you get a real-world performance.
For everyday use, this laptop is very responsive. Here is why, with even over 20 chrome tablets open, the laptop steel performs faster. You can stream videos still with these tabs open. When it comes to video editing, this laptop performs pretty faster than most laptops. It gives an impressive 14 minutes and 42 seconds to transcode as a 4K clip to 1080p. Keep in mind that MacBook offers the fastest SSDs in a laptop.
The display of the 2560 x 1600-pixel Retina Display is unique among the laptops industries. It delivers 163% of the color gamut and a brightness 441 nits.
- Excellent battery life
- A bright and colorful display
- High-speed performance
- Powerful speakers
- Touch ID is convenient
- Shallow travel keyboard
- Thick bezels
Relevant Specifications for Hacking Laptops or Pentesting
Hacking laptops are subjected to numerous tasks at a time to find a loophole in the system where hackers can exploit. Thus, superior performance and connectivity are essential. The following are the feature that defines the best laptop for hacking.
- Random-access memory (RAM): Considering the intensity of hacking, a minimum of 8 GB RAM is required. Hacking may require running multiple virtual machines, which eat a lot of RAM. And as the saying goes, “bigger is better,” a RAM of 16GB or 32GB is more realistic for expanded hacking activities. Hackers work with a great deal of data.
RAM acts as a store for data before it is processed. Typically, it is a dynamic memory chip that can be written and rewritten quickly, but it is volatile, i.e., it only holds data only when powered.
RAM allows you to work with data needed to run programs and open files. When a computer loads a program or opens files, it opens up data in the RAM. Still, the operating system uses RAM. While running applications, the random access memory pulls data from long-term storage on your hard drive as well as short-term storage in RAM quickly for smoother operation.
- Processor/CPU: Running pen-testing tools or carrying out hacking itself requires at least a gigabyte of CPU. Typically, serious hacking requires more advanced hacking tools and emulators, and you’ll need to use them simultaneously. Thus, stocking up on cores will get the job done. With advanced technology, a six-core generation processor will run several virtual machines.
- HDD/storage: Storage is not a very important aspect of hacking. Nevertheless, a 250GB HDD storage or more is vital. Advice from hackers is that you should get an SSD over an HDD because they have a quicker access time, has better performance, no noise, no heat generation, and uses less power.
- Graphics Card/GPU: The bare minimum is 2 GB. However, 4GB will give you express performance, especially if you are planning to use your laptop for brute force hacking, which requires speed and accuracy. Get the recent GPUs such as the 10X0 GTX series with as much vRAM & CUDA cores you can afford. GPU makes hacking easier because it packs hundreds or even thousands of tiny cores, which work differently from those of the CPU. Basically, they make it possible for you to see images on your monitor. They do so by converting data into a signal your monitor can understand.
The smoothness and general quality of images, therefore, depends on the graphics card. Remember, modern graphic cards contain random access memory, which is separate from laptops RAM. Essentially, the popular form is the DDR3 and GDDR5 SDRAM, which ranges from 512 MB to 8 GB. With the best graphic cards, hackers get a clear resolution.
- Network Adaptor: Hackers never want to leave their traces behind. Similarly, they always want to have a stable internet connection. So getting an adapter with the broadest range and compatibility with your laptop is essential. Getting a Wi-Fi card that employs an AC wireless protocol can help you in your hacking as it is vital for getting into WEP secured networks/testing Wi-Fi for vulnerabilities.
A hacker understands clearly how the whole computer networks work. They know the right software and the best laptops for hacking. While there are different types of hackers, a hacking laptop setup usually play a greater role when it comes to success in hacking, whether it is black hat hacking or white-hat hacking.
A hacker typically analyses codes, network traffics, and application behaviors. You can quickly achieve this if you have a core i5 laptop with a RAM of 8 GB. When it comes to software, OSX or Linux is better over windows.
Linux is flexible, and its open-source can be tailored to your OS to operate as you want. Hacker laptop set up is vital for any hacker.