With advancing system security measures, it is becoming increasingly difficult to access information through hacking. Unless you have the best software for hacking, you may not penetrate any system. However, thanks to advancing technology, new hacking software is being released to the market, while the old ones are being updated to make it easier to hack
In this review, we outline the ten best software for hacking. We build our list after looking at user’s and industry reviews as well as our experience.
We highlight the features and benefits of these hacking software so that you get a clear picture of how they function.
Here, The 10 Best Softwares for Hacking for 2020
Take a keen look at them.
1. Acunetix WVS: Best Password Hacking Tool
Acunetix is a web vulnerability scanner software, which is available for Windows XP and higher. The software scans to find if there are any flaws in the websites. Such defects are usually fatal.
This web vulnerability scanner is a multi-threaded tool, whose mode of action is to crawl a site to find malicious Cross-site Scripting, SQL injection, and other vulnerabilities – it can find more than 1200 vulnerabilities in WordPress.
As one of the best software for hacking, Acunetix has a login sequence recorder, which allows one to access the password of protected areas of the website.
The tool uses the new AcuSensor technology that reduces the rate of false positives, a feature that makes it a preferred hacking tool.
- How does Acunetix work? Acunetix is simply an automated security testing tool that audits websites to combat malicious sites by launching a series of attacks and then generates concise reports of any vulnerabilities found on the site. Best of all, it can suggest suggestions for how to fix it.
- Using the scanning software: using the tool is easy. Just click the new scan button in the main toolbar. The tool will walk you through the available options you can use to customize the scan. You can use scanning profiles to customize a scan. However, scan settings allow very granular control over your scan. The defaults have been set to cater to most websites; however, you can to modify the settings.
- Results: After completing a scan, Acunetix WVS lists the vulnerabilities in order of severity that it was detected on the site. To get the results, you can click a specific vulnerability which not only reveals the vulnerable input parameter but also lists variations in attacks on that parameter.
- Acunetix Report types: developers report is the most detailed report, which is also highly configurable to allow the user to include only the necessary information in the report.
oclHashcat is a popular hacking software that you can download in versions for Linux, OSX, and Windows. So far, this is one of the best hacking software for cracking passwords.
You can use this tool freely. Keep in mind that while Hashcat is a CPU-based password cracking tool, oclHashcat is its advanced version, which uses the power of your GPU (the first GPGPU based engine). You also can take the tool as a Wi-Fi password decryptor.
When it comes to GPU, the tool works well with NVIDIA; but users require ForceWare 346.59 or later, while AMD users require Catalyst 15.7 or later.
oclHashcat is a GPGPU-based multi-hash cracker using a brute-force attack that you can implement as:
- Mask attack
- Combinator attack
- Dictionary attack
- Hybrid attack
- Mask attack
- Rule-based attack
- World’s fastest password cracker
- Worlds first and only GPGPU based rule engine
- Multi-GPU can use up to 128 GPUs
- Multi-Hash – up to 100 million hashes
Nessus works on a variety of platforms, including Windows 7 and 8, Mac OS X, and popular Linux distros like Debian, Ubuntu, Kali Linux, etc.
We count this as one of the best software for hacking, 2020 market can offer because apart from being free, it works with the help of a client-server framework. You can put Nessus to different purposes, including:
- Nessus Home
- Nessus Professional
- Nessus Manager
- Nessus Cloud
Details of Nessus
Typically, Nessus is considered a security scanning tool as it scans computers and raises alarms when it discovers any vulnerabilities that malicious hackers can use to gain access to any computer you have connected to a network. Usually, it runs over 1200 checks on a computer.
What is Nessus good for? Nessus is suitable for administrators who are in charge of a group of computers that are connected to the internet. It helps network administrators to keep their domain free of vulnerabilities that hackers, as well as viruses commonly, look to exploit.
The downside of Nessus is that it is not a complete security solution but just a small portion of a significant security strategy. Essentially, it doesn’t actively prevent the attack but only checks on your computer to find vulnerabilities that hackers can exploit.
Benefits of Nessus
- It doesn’t make assumptions about server configurations which may make scanners miss real vulnerabilities
- It is extensible, thus, allows a scripting language to write tests specific to your system.
- Up-to-date information concerning new vulnerabilities and attacks
- Open-source/free software for hacking
- Patching assistance
4. Social-Engineer Toolkit: Best Phishing Tool for Hacking
Social-Engineer Toolkit is supported partially on Mac OS X and Windows and also featured on Mr. Robot. The Toolkit is an advanced framework used for simulating multiple types of social engineering attacks such as credential harvestings, and phishing attacks, among others.
Social-Engineer Toolkit is a Python-driven tool and is a standard tool for social engineering penetration tests. In fact, it has more than two million downloads, making it one of the best software for hacking. It works by automating the attacks, generating disguising emails, and malicious web pages, among others.
Social-Engineer Toolkit details
This tool is an attack vector that heavily relies on human interaction. It involves manipulating people into breaking standard security procedures and best practices to gain access to systems, networks, physical locations, or for financial gain.
With the tool, you can conceal your true identity and motives, thus presenting yourself as a trustworthy information source or individual. The objective is to manipulate users to give up information or access. Keep in mind that this tool relies entirely on people to be willing to be helpful.
Types of social engineering attacks
- Spear phishing
- Diversion theft
- Quid pro quo
- Honey trap
The significant benefit of Social-Engineer Toolkit is that it is easy to use
Currently, this is a paid resource for hacking computers and security systems. The hacking software works with a client-server framework. The tool is top-rated, considering it has been used by over 75,000 organizations worldwide for auditing business-critical enterprise devices as well as applications.
Typically, Nessus has a modular architecture that consists of centralized servers, which conducts scanning, and remote clients that allow for administrator interaction.
Administrators can also include NASL descriptions of all suspected vulnerabilities to develop a customized scan. Significant capabilities of Nessus include:
- Compatibility with servers and computers of all sizes
- Can detect security holes in local or remote hosts.
- It can detect missing security updates and patches.
- It can simulate attacks to pinpoint vulnerabilities.
- Can execute security tests in a contained environment.
- You can Schedule security audits.
Currently, you get the Nessus server for UNIX, Linux, and FreeBSD. Besides, it is available for UNIX- or Windows-based operating systems.
Kismet is a wireless network detector that works passively. It is not only an 802.11 layer2 wireless network detector, but also a sniffer, and intrusion detection system that works with any kismet wireless card that supports raw monitoring (rfmon) mode and can sniff802.11a, 802.11b, as well as 802.11g traffic.
It differs from other networks in its passive working mode, i.e., works without sending any loggable packets; thus, it can detect the presence of both wireless access points and wireless clients and associate them with each other.
Be informed that kismet is the most widely used and regularly updated open-source wireless monitoring tool. It packs basic wireless IDS features like detecting active wireless sniffing programs, including NetStumbler, and some wireless network attacks and sports a plug-in architecture allowing for additional non-802.11 protocols to be decoded.
- 11 sniffing
- Standard PCAP logging
- Client/Server modular architecture
- Plug-in architecture to expand core features
- Multiple capture source support
- Live export of packets to other tools through tun/tap virtual interfaces
- Distributed remote sniffing via light-weight remote capture
- XML output for integration with other tools
What makes Kismet one of the best software for hacking is that it supports channel hopping, which helps you to find as many networks as possible.
The Toolkit changes from channel to channel non-sequentially, in a user-defined sequence with a default value that leaves big holes between channels. This is advantageous because it captures more packets because the adjacent channels overlap.
This hacking software is best at gathering information and developing correlation. Unicorns can provide researchers with a superior interface for introducing a stimulus into and measuring a response from a TCP/IP enabled device or network.
Typically, the tool works to collect information. It was built to provide an engine that is scalable, accurate, flexible, and efficient. The community uses it under the terms of the GPL license.
- Asynchronous stateless TCP scanning on all variations of TCP flags
- and banner grabbing
- Active or passive remote OS, application, and component identification by analyzing given responses
- Asynchronous stateless TCP scanning with all TCP Flags variations and banner grabbing
- Asynchronous protocol-specific UDP Scanning
- Active and Passive remote OS, application, and component identification by analyzing all responses.
- PCAP file logging and filtering.
- Relational database output.
- Custom module support and data-set views.
What makes this software an exciting tool for hacking is that it is easy to use, and it applies the advanced Proof-Based vulnerability scanning technology. Besides, it has an in-built penetration testing and reporting tools.
What’s more, is that the software exploits identified vulnerabilities automatically in a read-only and safe way and also produces a proof of exploitation. This helps you prioritize your work on fixing issues.
It has the ability to:
- Automatically crawl and scan all types of legacy and modern web applications, including HTML5, Web 2.0, and Single Page Applications (SPA), as well as password-protected web assets.
- Assigns vulnerabilities automatically based on a severity level to highlight the potential damage and the urgency with which they must be fixed.
- The Asset Discovery service continuously scans the Internet to discover your assets based on IP addresses, top-level & second-level domains, and SSL certificate information.
Offer full visibility, especially for managers of large websites by:
- Offering a multitude of out-of-the-box reports for different purposes, both for management and developers.
- You can create custom reports using your own templates
- Offers compliance reports, which include ISO 27001, PCI DSS, and HIPAA reports, you can have your PCI DSS reports validated by third parties.
- Inbuilt team management and vulnerability management that you can use to create roles, retest, assign tasks, etc.
- You can integrate Netsparker with CI/CD platforms such as Jenkins, TeamCity, or Bamboo to protect your system.
This is an excellent hacking software that you can use on your PC.
Typically, it is used to scan ports in windows. What’s impressive about this product is that it is a free connect based port scanning tool that is designed to detect open TCP and UDP ports on a target computer – you can take SuperScan is a powerful TCP port scanner, pinger, and resolver.
The Superscan 4 is the latest version that sports windows enumeration, which can list a variety of important information that deals with Microsoft Windows like:
- Network shares
- Microsoft services – both stooped and running
- NetBIOS information
- User and Group Accounts
- Trusted Domains
Who can use it? System administrators, crackers, and script kiddies can use this hacking software to evaluate a computer’s security. Specifically, System administrators can use the tool to test for possible unauthorized open ports on computer networks.
In contrast, crackers use it to scan for a potentially insecure port to gain illegal access to a system.
This is an outstanding open-source and free web application security scanner. The tool has extensive hacking and security research. w3aF also called web application attack, and audit framework typically is used to get security vulnerability information that can be used in penetration testing engagements.
Hacking is not only risky but also hard to perform. Thus you need a hacking software that can help you penetrate even the most complicated system. We believe that the tools we have mentioned in this review are among the best software for hacking 2020 market can offer.