Nothing can be more painful and frustrating than enduring a slow and sluggish laptop that keeps on hanging for no apparent reason.
With such a laptop, you can’t enjoy gaming, browsing, or performing some productivity tasks like typing simply because you have a shell as opposed to a real computing machine.
Having said that, here are the top 10 best intel core i7 processor laptops to consider if you are planning on replacing your ineffective laptop or just buying a laptop for the first time:
The Top 10 Best Intel Core i7 Processor Laptops 2021:
1. Dell XPS 13-7390 Laptop
- Infinityedge display, enables a 13. 3"...
- Vibrant colors: by maximizing the color...
- Beautiful from every angle: The...
- Stunning strength: The XPS 13 is cut...
- Cooler than ever: The XPS 13 is the...
- Micro SD card reader and USB3. 0, 3. 1...
- English Black keyboard w/FPR
The Dell XPS 13-7390 is one of the top 10 best Intel Core I7 processor laptops available, thanks to its faster processor speeds.
This laptop also has a very impressive display.
Though its storage capacity is a bit limited, that can be offset by the extraordinary features that it comes with including a fingerprint reader, etc.Having said that, this laptop delivers outstanding performance and experience.
- 4.6 GHz10th Gen Intel Core i7-10710U CPU delivers one of the highest performance levels possible in the history of computers.
- Intel UHD series GPU offers a very smooth gaming experience.
- 16 GB RAM offers faster processing speeds.
- 256GB SSD storage makes this laptop capable of storing the majority of your files, especially if they are small.
- 13.3 inch 4K UHD InfinityEdge ( 3840 x 2160 )touchscreen display offers up to 4 times as many pixels as lower displays offer and also provides direct navigation as well as accessibility through physical touch control, unlike regular displays.
- A fingerprint reader allows users to lock or unlock this laptop as well as the apps on it securely without needing to remember the passwords.
- MagLev keyboard adds to the thinness of the laptop without compromising on the typing experience this laptop offers.
- Unbelievable CPU and GPU performance.
- Superb display performance both indoors and outdoors.
- Outstanding keyboard.
- One of the best, secure laptops available.
- Cooler than other laptops.
- Limited storage.
- Relatively pricey.
2. Acer Spin 3 Convertible Laptop
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7 8565U...
- 14 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080)...
- 16GB DDR4 Memory & 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Rechargeable Active Stylus; Thin 0.38...
- Just 0.78 inches Thin, 3.75 pounds and...
The Acer Spin 3 convertible laptop is another powerful option available. One of the most exciting aspects of this fast-processing laptop is the design of the screen.
The screen conveniently swivels in various directions as well as angles, while still being attached to the main body of the laptop, offering greater use.
Below are some of the key features, pros as well as cons of the laptop:
- 4.6 GHz 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8565U CPU makes this laptop one of the most powerful options on the market.
- 14″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) LED-backlit IPS multi-touch convertible widescreen display adds to the portability of the laptop, gives the laptop a versatile design, displays outstanding visuals and makes inputting of data easier.
- 16GB RAM allows the laptop to process things at top speeds.
- 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD storage provides an ample storage solution for most users.
- Convertible design enables the screen to swivel in various directions and angles, providing greater use.
- Rechargeable active stylus pen offers more accurate and controllable input especially when it comes to gaming or drawing.
- Versatile design.
- Super powerful performance.
- Fantastic thermals.
- Loud and clear sound.
- Up to 12 hours of battery life.
- Lacks a USB type C port.
- Smaller display compared to other laptops in its category.
3. ASUS ROG Strix
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 with...
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H...
- 240Hz 3ms 15.6” Full HD 1920x1080...
- 16GB DDR4 2933MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe SSD |...
- ROG Intelligent Cooling thermal system...
- ROG Aura Sync System with RGB Keyboard,...
- Gig+ Wi-Fi 6 & Bluetooth 5.0 | ROG Easy...
- Bundle: Get 30 days of Xbox Game Pass...
The ASUS ROG Strix laptop is known for its powerful processor, large system memory, and large storage space. The display quality of this laptop is also super awesome. For those who are shopping for a faster laptop that runs smoothly even when subjected to CPU and GPU-intensive tasks, this is the real deal.
- 4.5GHz Intel Hexa-Core i7-9750H CPU provides powerful, processing performance.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU enables the laptop to load fast and run smoothly even the most demanding games.
- 15.6″ Full HD ( 1920 x 1080 resolution) display boasts impressive color and clarity.
- 16GB RAM contributes to your system’s fast processing capabilities.
- 1TB HDD + 512GB SSD storage lets you download and install all of your favorite games, and store all of your favorite tracks and movies or other documents on your laptop without any space limitation.
- Generous amount of storage.
- Enormous processing power.
- Impressive build quality.
- Attractive design.
- Customizable keyboard with 4-zone RGB backlight.
- Awkward position of directional keys.
- Audio distortion at high volumes.
- Crunchy touchpad.
4. Alienware M15
- Alienware thinnest notebook ever for...
- Premium build high-end materials like...
- Advanced thermal technology Alienware...
- Game longer than ever a lithium Ion...
- Hexagonal honeycomb pattern maximizes...
- Alienfx lighting is visible from the...
- Hardwired for higher performance:...
- System Ram type DDR4_SDRAM
The Alienware M15 laptop is an outstanding laptop that is perfect for heavy gaming or intensive productivity tasks.
This laptop runs demanding games, creates demanding 3D animations, and renders videos heavy on graphics like no other.
Here is a list of some of the most important features, advantages and disadvantages of it:
- 4.1GHz Core i7-8750H processor is perfect for gaming, 3D animation creations, and video rendering.
- 6GB NVIDIA GeForce GPU delivers high-quality graphics and images like no other.
- 16GB RAM allows the laptop to perform single or multiple tasks that are system-resource-intensive smoothly.
- 1TB Hybrid HDD + 128GB SSD storage provides enough space for all of your files.
- 15.6″ Full HD( (1920 x 1080) display delivers high-quality visuals.
- Outstanding performance and capability.
- Extended battery life.
- Premium metal casing.
- Best chiclet-style keyboard so far.
- Pretty lightweight and portable.
- Needlessly large bezels.
- Tends to overheat during heavy gaming.
5. Asus ROG Zephyrus M
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB GDDR6...
- Latest 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H...
- 240Hz 3ms 15 6” Full HD (1920x1080)...
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe SSD |...
- Ultra-slim 15’’ metal chassis gaming...
- ROG Intelligent Cooling thermal system...
- ROG Aura Sync System with RGB Keyboard
The Asus ROG Zephyrus M laptop may come with slightly lower processor speed, but make no mistake about its computing power.
This laptop can run all those demanding games or perform all those CPU-intensive tasks fairly well.
Plus, it’s storage is quite impressive and adequate for all of your files.
- 2.6GHz Intel Core i7-9750H CPU provides a relatively fair amount of computing power.
- 8GB NVIDIA RTX 2070 GPU helps the laptop run even the most demanding games smoothly.
- 16 GB internal memory(RAM) makes the laptop fast enough for all of your computing needs.
- 1TB SSD storage is enough to store all of your files.
- 15.6-inch FHD IPS (1920 x 1080) display never disappoints with image or video quality.
- Slim, portable, lightweight, and easy to carry.
- Powerful and highly capable.
- Offers more than enough storage.
- Excellent display quality.
- Does not overheat from long periods of gaming unlike other Intel Core i7 processor laptops with SSD storage.
- Can get loud in turbo mode because of the fan’s action but that doesn’t hinder gaming.
- Poor fan quality.
6. MSI P65 Creator
- Display 15 6" Uhd (3840X2160) anti-glare...
- Processor intel core i7-9750h 2.6 -...
- Graphics NVidia GeForce RTX 2060 6g...
- Memory 32gb (16 gram x 2) ddr4 2400mhz 2...
- Storage 1tb Teton glacier
The MSI P65 Creator laptop is one of the best choices in terms of display quality.
This high-performance laptop offers bright and crystal clear visuals that are easy to view even outdoors where there is a high level of natural light.
Additionally, it is one of the fastest high-end laptops on the market, thanks to its surprisingly massive system memory.
- 2.6GHz Intel Core i7-9750H CPU ensures decent performance.
- 6GB NVIDIA RTX 2060 GPU goes a long way in gaming, 3D animations, or video rendering.
- 32GB RAM ensures top processing speeds.
- 1TB SSD storage accommodates all of your files, including games, music, videos, work or academic projects, etc.
- 15.6-Inch 4K UHD IPS (3840 x 2160) display displays bright content that you can view with ease even outdoors where there is too much natural light.
- Perfect for gaming, 3D animation, and rendering.
- Has a beautiful look with a sleek design.
- Powerful and fast.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Offers a fantastic display.
- Bad thermals.
- SSD needlessly split into tiny partitions.
7. Razer Blade 15
- Perfect display for work or play: An...
- Zero compromise powerhouse: Built for...
- Future proof design: Supports SSD/HDD...
- Biometric security: Supports Windows...
- Customizable RGB Lighting: Includes 16.8...
- Summary: 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H 6...
- System Ram type: Ddr4 Sdram
- Connectivity technology: USB
The Razer Blade 15 laptop combines beauty with speed and power. This reliable, multipurpose laptop comes with a decent processor and graphics processing unit that enable it to run all of your games or perform all of your tasks impressively.
Its display isn’t standard either hence you can be confident about the quality of the visuals it offers.
- 2.6GHz Intel Core i7-9750H CPU gives the laptop a reasonable amount of processing power.
- 6GB NVIDIA RTX 2060 GPU ensures the laptop can run even the most demanding games or execute the most GPU-intensive tasks out there.
- 15.6-inch FHD IPS (1920 x 1080) display provides better visuals than those provided by regular displays.
- 16GB RAM contributes to higher processing speeds.
- 512GB SSD storage isn’t the largest in the market, but it’s adequate for storing most of your files, especially if you are not a movie fanatic.
- RGB Chrina backlighting makes the laptop look beautiful and fascinating.
- High-level GPU performance.
- Relatively fast.
- Upgradeable SSD, RAM, and WLAN
- Excellent build quality.
- High refresh screen.
- Smaller storage compared to other top 10 best Intel Core I7 processor laptops.
- Runs hot.
- Ninth-generation 6-Core Intel Core i7...
- Stunning 16-inch Retina Display with...
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- AMD Radeon Pro 5300M Graphics with GDDR6...
- Ultrafast SSD
- Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Six-speaker system with force-cancelling...
- Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Up to 11 hours of battery life
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi
Though the Apple MacBook Pro is slightly disappointing in terms of storage space, this portable computer ranks well in terms of performance.
Plus, it comes with a slightly larger display that offers an unbelievable resolution.
The RAM size is satisfactory so is the graphics processing unit.
- 2.6GHz Intel Core i7-9th Gen CPU supplies enough power for all of your low to moderately demanding computer processes.
- 4GB Radeon Pro 5300M GPU supports the CPU, ensuring decent performance.
- 16-inch FHD IPS Retina (3072 x 1920) display brings visuals in high quality.
- 16GB RAM makes this laptop one of the fastest on the market.
- 512GB SSD storage provides a solution even if not the best for most of your files, especially non-video.
- Superior quality display.
- Fantastic keyboard.
- Fast and high performing.
- Comes with more open applications than other laptops from the same manufacturer.
- Phenomenal 3D animation, rendering, and video conversion experience.
- Limited storage.
- Slightly heavier than other laptops in its class.
9. Acer Predator Helios 300
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H...
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060...
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen...
- 16 GB DDR4 2933MHz Dual-Channel Memory,...
- 4-Zone RGB Backlit Keyboard | Wireless:...
- Connectivity technology: Bluetooth
The Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop is what you want to choose if you are looking for exceptional performance.
Notably, this laptop has a larger GPU than many choices in its category, making gaming a fantastic experience.
Additionally, this laptop conserves power and can run many extra hours before needing a recharge.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H CPU delivers exceptional performance.
- GTX 1060 6GB GPU allows the laptop to produce outstanding images and graphics faster.
- Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS screen provides better display solutions.
- 16GB RAM keeps everything perfect and smooth more or so during intensive memory work or multi-tasking.
- 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD storage is more responsive and consumes less battery power.
- Backlit Keyboard allows you to continue computing even when you lose access to light.
- Dual all-metal AeroBlade 3D fan cooling makes sure the laptop remains cool even while performing some heavy computing tasks like video rendering, etc.
- Upgradeable storage.
- Up to 7-hours of battery life.
- High screen refresh rate.
- High performance with fast processing.
- Ergonomic keyboard.
- Very minimal storage.
- Poorly designed thermals.
10. Alienware AW17R3-4175SLV
- This Certified Refurbished product is...
- Intel Quad Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz...
- 16 GB DDR4. GTX 970M NO G-SYNC
- 1 TB HDD + 256 GB SATA SSD Storage;...
- 17.3 Inch FHD (1920 x 1080 pixels)...
The Alienware AW17R3-4175SLV laptop comes with the largest display ever so you can watch movies, play games, or browse the internet in a better way.
Plus, this fast laptop comes with more than enough storage space in which you can store all of your files without needing extra storage.
Check out its features as well as pros and cons below:
- 2.6 GHz 6th Generation Intel Quad-Core i7 CPU handles most computing tasks decently.
- 16 GB RAM provides faster performance.
- 256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD storage provides a generous solution for all of your storage needs.
- 17.3 Inch FHD (1920 x 1080 pixels) LED-lit Truelife display is extra-large, ensuring less scrolling when browsing as well as better and larger contents.
- NVIDIA GTX 970M GPU offers greater performance plus it is highly overclockable for wider processing speed adjustments.
- Comes with an impressively large display.
- Looks beautiful.
- Pretty fast.
- Cheaper compared to other laptops in its class.
- Outstanding audio quality
- A lower generation of Intel Core I7 processor.
- Chunky and not so portable.
How to Choose the Top 10 Best Intel Core i7 Processor Laptops
1. Check the CPU Speed
As you have learned from the top 10 best intel core i7 processor laptops above, top-of-the-range laptops come with varying CPU speeds. Keeping in mind the fact that the higher the speed the better the results, choose a laptop with a processor speed of at least 2.6GHz.
2. Pay Attention to the Size of the GPU
Similarly, Intel Core I7 laptops come with graphics processing units of different sizes. Again, the larger the GPU, the better the results. With that in mind, select a laptop with at least 2 GB to 4 GB graphics processing unit.
3. Decide on the Amount of Storage You Need
Furthermore, Intel Core I7 laptops offer different storage sizes. Some have a few hundred GBs of total SSD storage spaces whereas others have up to a thousand GBs of total SSD storage space. Additionally, some laptops come with SSD + HDD storage to give you greater storage benefits. Having said that, it would be best to choose a laptop with a generous amount of storage space so that you don’t have to worry about shopping for a separate storage drive in the future.
4. Consider the Display Size
It is worth noting that laptops come with displays of different sizes ranging from 13 inches to 17 inches in the above cases. The choice here depends largely on your needs. For example, if you need a laptop largely for movies or games, you would be better off with at least a 15-inch to 17-inch display laptop. But if you need something to give you some tremendous computing power even when you are on the move, portability is the key. In that regard, you want to go with something smaller than 15-inches.
5. Check for Any Applicable Security Feature
Are you tired of having to remember and enter a password every time you want to access your laptop or an app that’s found in it? If yes, some high-end laptops offer an incredible solution for that with advanced security features like a fingerprint reader. With this feature, your fingerprint is all you need to access the hardware or software.
1. What is the best laptop with i7 processor?
Offering up to 4.6GHz CPU speeds, Dell XPS 13-7390 is arguably the best laptop with an I7 processor.
2. What is the core i7 laptop?
The Dell XPS 13-7390 is a top of the range laptop with an I7 CPU from Dell that has been ranked the best among other laptops with the same processor. You probably read more about it in the top 10 best intel core i7 processor laptops reviews above.
3. Is Intel Core i7 better than i5?
Yes, the I7 processor is a bit more powerful than the I5 processor other factors remaining constant.
4. Can I install the i7 processor on my laptop?
The answer depends on the processor family chipset your motherboard supports. Before you start an upgrade, check the compatibility of your motherboard with the upgrade processor you desire. Socket 775 (for Intel) or Socket 939 (for AMD) motherboards generally accept the i7 processor upgrade. Socket 462 (A) or 754 (for AMD) and Socket 478 (for Intel) motherboards may or may not support the I7 processor upgrade. Apart from these, other types of motherboards will not accept an I7 upgrade processor.
5. Is 8th gen i7 worth it?
The answer depends on what type of work you intend to use it for. For example, if you intend to use the processor for movie editing work or engineering, architectural, and 3D design projects, this processor would be certainly worth it. On the other hand, if you just plan on doing some light photo editing work, browsing the Web or gaming, you would be better off with the i5 instead, especially if budget is a consideration.
6. What is the fastest processor for laptops?
The new 10th-generation Intel Core H-Series has been dubbed the “world’s fastest” laptop processor. This laptop processor with eight cores for multi-threaded workloads reaches a maximum clock speed of up to 5.3 GHz!
7. Should I buy an i5 or i7 laptop?
If you don’t mind spending a little extra, you should buy an I7 laptop as Core i7 CPUs are slightly more powerful than their I5 counterparts.
8. Should I get an i5 or i7 laptop?
If budget is not an issue, go with a Core I7 laptop. That’s because you’re going to get more processing power with the latter than you are going to get with the former.
9. Which Intel Core is best?
10th Generation Intel Core i7-10700K is the top of the line option on Intel’s Core lineup of processors. Coming with up to 8 cores, 16 threads, minimum and maximum speeds of 3.80GHz and 5.10GHz(in turbo mode) respectively, this processor offers the highest value of what the Core range of processors can.
10. What is the advantage of i7 over i5?
While both chips have 6 cores, Core I7 is generally faster and provides better performance than Core I5. That can be attributed to higher base clock speeds and more GHz.
11. Is 10th Gen i5 better than 8th gen i7?
Yes, though not that much better than the latter. Sure, the 10th Gen i5 is slightly faster with a bit of increased efficiency as well as smarter use of Turbo Boost, but the 8th Gen I7 processor CPU is almost equally as good. You will probably not be able to tell the difference unless you are a processor geek.
12. What laptop should I buy
You should buy one of the laptops above, depending on your needs. The guide will help you choose a laptop that’s most appropriate for you.
Many laptops are touted as the best options out there, but the reality is that only a few live up to the expectations. If you are shopping for a good Intel Core I7 processor laptop, don’t end-up buying those substandard laptops because you didn’t know better.
Choose one of the top 10 best Intel Core I7 processor laptops above, using the guide and you can thank me later.
- The Best Laptop with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office
- Best Laptops for Writers on a Budget Under $1000 2021
- Best Touch Screen Laptops Under $500 (2021 Reviews)
- Best 4K Gaming Laptops 2021 (4k & 144hz+ Reviews)
- The Best Laptops for Realtors and Real Estate Agents
Last update on 2021-03-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API